Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2020, 05:21 PM   #21
Bronze Member

We have the larger, Pleasure-Way Lexor TS on a ProMaster 3500 chassis. Ram dealers have rotated the tires and changed the oil in NC, NM, MN, and even Saskatchewan while traveling. Most tire shops can rotate the tires, even if they don't have a big lift, by jacking up the van outisde. Not all Chrysler dealers can handle the big vans, so calling ahead is recommended. The FCA "Business Link" fleet dealers are more likely to have the service lifts needed. https://www.fcausfleet.com/shopping-...-a-dealer.html
svIntuition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:22 PM   #22
Bronze Member

Much easier to find PM service than Sprinter.

We've had routine service done on our Travato at PM dealers in:
Des Moines, IA
Forest City, IA
Mesa, AZ
Billings, MT

Even an oil change at Walmart. Also tire rotation and oil change at a local independent shop where they used floor jacks for the tire rotation.

You should be fine.
bobcat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 06:23 PM   #23

Yeah, I had a problem in Northern CA with getting an alignment. I have a 2012 Roadtrek build on a 2010 Freightliner with a 3500 Mercedes. First guy said too heavy for his lift. Another tire guy said I may have to drive 2 hours to Sacramento. Then I reluctantly called Santa Rosa Mercedes - no problem, same day service!
Stovebags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 07:02 PM   #24

Thank you so much for so many responses you had for my complaints about several (more than 3) Dodge RAM dealers who refused to service my Pleasure Way Tofino (which is nothing but a modified RAM PROMASTER) in Alameda County in Northern California. This county includes several major Northern California towns including Berkeley.

My wife and I drove the vehicle all the way to St Petersburg, Florida where we live (when we are not traveling elsewhere). It took us about 10 days to cover about 3200 miles taking all the side roads (like the Highway 50, etc.) We avoided major interstate highways since we had already covered them in the past. The car needed 10,000 mile service at the end of the trip. So, I took it to Dayton Andrews Dodge Chrysler Jeep Dealer which is only 3 miles away from my home. They did not even question me if I had a modified Van and a regular RAM PROMASTER. They performed the 10,000 mile service on it including rotating the tires without any problems whatsoever. So, I now feel that Florida is a good place to own a camper even though it gets so hot and humid here during the summer that you would probably want an air-conditioned one!

By the way, can someone tell me how to remove the horizontal roof rack bars on the roof of this vehicle. I don't like them. But I can't find any instructions how to remove them for good. There are some instructions to move them around. But it doesn't help. I want them gone for good.

Best regards,
Vehbi
vehbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:07 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vehbi View Post
By the way, can someone tell me how to remove the horizontal roof rack bars on the roof of this vehicle. I don't like them. But I can't find any instructions how to remove them for good. There are some instructions to move them around. But it doesn't help. I want them gone for good.

Best regards,
Vehbi
I just removed my horizontal bars on my Tofino. Assuming theyre the same, Just get up on a ladder with a hex key and remove the two screws at each end holding the bars in place. Remove bars carefully.
ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote