Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2023, 02:43 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default propane , what the heck is this???

The "who done it of propane"
I had my propane lines-reg-etc. *replaced by Camping World. Yes it cost a fortune but I could not get anyone else to even look at it.
Anyway they added so kind of a hose with a shut off valve . And, I have no idea what it is .
And of course they don't answer either phone or email , and they are a ways away to drive to to ask.
Anyway. I'm hoping someone can guess at what it is . It should not be the BBQ hook up ,,, we told them to leave it out of the repair .Thanks Michael
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1096.JPG (46.7 KB, 72 views)
mangomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2023, 03:04 PM   #2
Platinum Member

It is a quick disconnect with valve. We cannot tell what pressure is behind it but probably, if you follow the line, you will find a second regulator allowing it to be used by the barbecue you didn’t want.

It needs a cap over it to keep the dirt out.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 01:03 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Hard to tell from the photo, but did they mount they sticking out over your step?
N147JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 01:38 AM   #4
Platinum Member

No,it was just kind of laying on top of the other lines . I pulled it out for the photo,
thanks Michael
mangomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 01:40 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N147JK View Post
Hard to tell from the photo, but did they mount they sticking out over your step?

That is how the original Roadtrek setup was, I assume, on his 08 210. It is how our 07 190 is. They have a flexible hose to the connector and when not in use it sits on top of the shut off valve on ours and you put the outside cover on. It would be hooked up to a 15 psi regulator that is probably a 10 psi one. That is how our original was as was the replacement I got from Roadtrek.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 05:15 PM   #6

It looks just like the BBQ connector on my Hymer Aktiv. In my case, it is low pressure. Most grills and camp stoves already have their own regulator, so you end up without enough pressure. I had to modify my Coleman stove so I could get enough pressure using the Hymer's propane tank.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2023, 10:06 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Default GET Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomike View Post
The "who done it of propane"
I had my propane lines-reg-etc. *replaced by Camping World. Yes it cost a fortune but I could not get anyone else to even look at it.
Anyway they added so kind of a hose with a shut off valve . And, I have no idea what it is .
And of course they don't answer either phone or email , and they are a ways away to drive to to ask.
Anyway. I'm hoping someone can guess at what it is . It should not be the BBQ hook up ,,, we told them to leave it out of the repair .Thanks Michael
Reading others comments I think it IS the grill hookup you didn't want
Go to a propane dealer--ask for an opinion. If its not what you wanted or want
decide: 1. to keep it
2. have them give you a letter saying what it is.
3. have CW remove it or pay the propane co at their expense.
Sure you don't want it --it could be handy as a tap to run a whole house generator for a few hours. or asmell honda Type a;l night for a small air conditioner. Works on my boat
JPMcG is offline   Reply With Quote