Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2020, 06:47 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Road trek Ranger RT

We have had our 2013 Ranger a week now and so far she has a through bath inside and out. I spent two and a half days polishing the outside with F11 ( love that product). Cleaned the inside and fixed a couple of small items, loose screws etc and washed all the cushions. Today the van got the injectors cleaned and went for a 80 mph run down the freeway. She runs very smooth now with no miss at first start up. Tomorrow she gets all new Bilstein shocks and a rear stabilizer bar. The shocks took a while to get here, Covid I am guessing. My wife and I are enjoying the learning process as well as bringing her up to what we like. I also ordered new headlights to replace the sun faded old ones, they should be here in a couple of days. I think that may be the last of the things we wanted done for a while $$$$ Lol. I will update our opinions on the ride quality after the suspension changes. Be safe all!
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 06:55 PM   #2
Platinum Member

my headlights replaced with "eagle eyes" ...although sold as "brock" brand when I bought on amazon- $75

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

previous experience with eagle eyes on my pick up they were crap and had poor optics and 2 of them broke from road vibrations...return, replace repeat.

the van lights were/ are perfect- good optics

hope you have good luck with yours

easy replacement a couple of bolts each side. loosen and unplug, then work them out- grill stays in place
Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:14 PM   #3
Bronze Member

I purchased stock replacements from car parts.com . I forgot I also purchased a windshield shade from Amazon .com that should be here in a few days. Not to mention Rino drive on levelers. Now I need to find a set of camping chairs and a table for outside and a place to store them.
Old 08-19-2020, 07:52 PM   #4
Platinum Member

there is a thread on camping chairs from $10 (me) to $300

you could see what others are doing

our $10 chairs fit under the rear and are comfy enough- I'm not in the chair hours on end- and we often camp where there is a picnic table, we use that

other value comfort and years of service and have more storage space than we do

some buy a base for the RV table and use outside, we use trays and our table is stored at home
( the slot for our table top carries my solar panel)

mike
Old 08-19-2020, 08:04 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Congrats Skyman!

I had to do a lot more than you've done so far and my rig was a year or so newer (relative to the time I purchased it), so not bad so far.

The shocks will be a great improvement. So much so on my rig that I never ever considered upgrading my anti-sway bars.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:08 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Skyman- I am counting on your sway bar install notes

Please measure the distance from differential to rear of swaybar for me...at some point, I'll crawl under mine and check the distance differential to genny ( one install I watched on youtube, the guy moved his genny...)
mike
Old 08-23-2020, 09:27 PM   #7
Bronze Member

I will do my best for you. The work is being done at a shop in the morning. I am 71 and not much at crawling under the rig but I will see what information I can get for you.
Old 08-23-2020, 10:35 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Got it...ask the tech if he would mind snapping a few pics under there...
now that you are a ninja at posting photos
mike