Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2023, 02:13 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default RT 190 Simplicity vs. 190 Popular?

The brochures do not go into details about the differences between the Simplicity and Popular models, other than to say the Simplicity is a less expensive option.

I understand there is a difference in engine size, and can see from pics that the galley is shorter and the stove is not recessed or covered. There is a passenger seat behind the driver's seat, and possibly behind the passenger's seat as well.

Are there other differences?
ExpressVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 12:11 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpressVan View Post
The brochures do not go into details about the differences between the Simplicity and Popular models, other than to say the Simplicity is a less expensive option.

I understand there is a difference in engine size, and can see from pics that the galley is shorter and the stove is not recessed or covered. There is a passenger seat behind the driver's seat, and possibly behind the passenger's seat as well.

Are there other differences?

The Simplicities generally are considered as a stripped down 190 style van. Less features, maybe smaller propane tank, different outside skirting, etc.

The actual features can be checked by going to the older sales brochures on the Roadtrek website and looking at the features and options grids near the end of them. They often aren't 100% accurate as changes happened all the time, but they are a very good starting point.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 09:29 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
The actual features can be checked by going to the older sales brochures on the Roadtrek website and looking at the features and options grids near the end of them...
Thank you! I had either overlooked these, or was looking at a year prior to the introduction of the Simplicity models.

There are quite a few difference--some important to me, some not. (The smaller fresh water tank is okay. I don't cook much inside, but for the life of me, I can't see where a hot pan pulled off the burner could be set. No power side mirrors? No outside propane connection?) There are definitely things to consider.

What initially attracted me to the Simplicity is the seat behind the driver's seat (vs. a cabinet), which would allow the driver's seat back to recline enough for my husband. Everything is a trade-off, of course.
ExpressVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 09:58 PM   #4

I believe another difference is the Simplicity does not have a lowered floor. The interior height is the same but this is accomplished by the roof cap being 2" taller in the aisle way. Also, the 3 front eyebrow windows are for show only. While they are on the outside they are not windows and are not visible on the inside. These changes were made in order to reduce costs. Mike
GBLandau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2023, 09:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLandau View Post
I believe another difference is the Simplicity does not have a lowered floor. The interior height is the same but this is accomplished by the roof cap being 2" taller in the aisle way. Also, the 3 front eyebrow windows are for show only. While they are on the outside they are not windows and are not visible on the inside. These changes were made in order to reduce costs. Mike
Sorry about that. I was referring to a Ranger not a Simplicity.
GBLandau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 11:23 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpressVan View Post
What initially attracted me to the Simplicity is the seat behind the driver's seat (vs. a cabinet), which would allow the driver's seat back to recline enough for my husband. Everything is a trade-off, of course.
Not sure we're looking at the same thing, but the RT Simplicity I tried on was not working for me because, due to the bathroom right behind the drivers seat, the seat does not recline/slide back enough to feel comfy for the 6.2 tall me.

Also, the bed was just a tad too short for me.
Old 05-08-2023, 11:37 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urlauber View Post
Not sure we're looking at the same thing, but the RT Simplicity I tried on was not working for me because, due to the bathroom right behind the drivers seat, the seat does not recline/slide back enough to feel comfy for the 6.2 tall me.

Also, the bed was just a tad too short for me.

I think there are two different simplicity vans from Roadtrek, one that is a cost reduced Chevy 190 and the other that is based on a Promaster van.

If that is the case, all of the posters should probably be noting which they are referring to. We have seen this confusion before and it is easy to do if you haven't seen both versions.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 11:40 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
I think there are two different simplicity vans from Roadtrek, one that is a cost reduced Chevy 190 and the other that is based on a Promaster van.

If that is the case, all of the posters should probably be noting which they are referring to. We have seen this confusion before and it is easy to do if you haven't seen both versions.
Ah, that 'splains it. You are right, the OP refers to the Chevy and I was thinking Promaster.