Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2023, 04:49 PM   #1

Exclamation SCAM ALERT! 2014 RoadTrek C190P

Please be aware that there is a current Craigslist posting for a 2014 Chevy RoadTrek 190P camper van for $24,000 on their Las Vegas site (possibly others). I followed this one down the rabbit hole quite a ways, and it is very sophisticated and elaborate, involving a bogus third party escrow company with a legitimate looking web site (Autosafelog.com).
This one has all of the tell tail red flags, yet I still wanted to believe it was legit. We are all looking for a "Great Deal", and tend to ignore the obvious warning signs.
If you have fallen victim to this or other similar scams, please contact your local law enforcement office, and report it to the agencies that deal with these matters.
Be careful out there, and remember; "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".
PackerRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 09:05 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerRat View Post
Please be aware that there is a current Craigslist posting for a 2014 Chevy RoadTrek 190P camper van for $24,000 on their Las Vegas site (possibly others). I followed this one down the rabbit hole quite a ways, and it is very sophisticated and elaborate, involving a bogus third party escrow company with a legitimate looking web site (Autosafelog.com).
This one has all of the tell tail red flags, yet I still wanted to believe it was legit. We are all looking for a "Great Deal", and tend to ignore the obvious warning signs.
If you have fallen victim to this or other similar scams, please contact your local law enforcement office, and report it to the agencies that deal with these matters.
Be careful out there, and remember; "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".

I think that one is a recurring one and has been mentioned on here before, maybe a year ago.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
craigslist, las vegas, roadtrek