Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2023, 01:28 PM   #21
Gold Member

More on the CRL venting windows. Had some good exchanges with a CRL manager regarding the availability of the slotted brackets that are attached to the window glass. Per my initial comment on this post I was in need of 2 Brackets from the driver side window and the exact adhesive that CRL has been using. On my 02C190P these windows were not part of the earlier recall so the easy assumption is that they are an improved version. I think not. Anyway CRL referred me to a preferred provider VanWindowsDirect in Victorville Ca to purchase a new window. Although CRL still makes 2 different size Van venting windows they are not the same size of the RT version. They do however use the same slotted bracket. VWD generously offered a couple of used Brackets from a broken return window glass that they had for the price of postage. I can verify that these brackets came from a CRL FW 904RS current production window and they are an exact match to the RT window. That has left me to now have the ability to remove, clean and adhere the window to the hinge and brackets. CRL told me that they used urethane adhesive but did not specify which one. There are plenty of choices in the CRL catalogue. Any suggestions on the best adhesive, primer, prep of course would be appreciated. Another option is to take the RT to the auto glass shop and let them make do the job and make the choice of adhesive. Also an option, there is the Treker, Jack, in Salt Lake who has a clear cast plastic window replacement kit. The kit utilizes predrilled holes in the clear cast, 3M adhesive tape and hardware to attach the hinge and the brackets. I have his website but not certain if it is allowed to post it. He has a install video on YouTube. I like the idea of a mechanical attachment of the venting window piece and this could be the only option if you are in need of a replacement window. One last thought. The brackets are hard to find. I think the previous owner drove off with the driver side window open. The brackets dropped off and are lost forever on some road. If the window had remained closed and the brackets came loose, then they would have dropped to the bottom of the closed window. The lesson to all of this for me is to make sure that these windows are closed before driving down the road . Good Roads everyone
Floorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 05:03 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Sounds like you are on your way to getting things fixed up. I was able to repair both of the rears on mine as the window brackets were still in place although the PO had glued the windows shut with urethane sealant. I have been trying to get 2 more brackets so I can repair the window directly behind the driver's seat - I have a 02C190V.

My top hinges were attached good to the tops of the windows, but I laid a strip of black Gorilla tape across on top of the hinge for extra assurance. Can't really notice it unless looking for it.

I used 3M tape to hold the side brackets on the glass. Not the best fix but ko for now as long as I keep an eye on it.
Old 07-29-2023, 05:57 PM   #23

How can I get trekker jacks contact info for my crl window issue? Thanks.
2002Roadtrek190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 02:06 PM   #24
Gold Member

Here is a link to Jack Woods who has the plex glass replacement window kit.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2526...01334/?__cft__[0]=AZVfmPdEKIzg5cvUwBUcO0VcjE1FKqSz8MVpd5S2nZGnnjB0b JaryTDWjfaP9euWFLJtvzFIbvWxljWfxp2Bx4WwPlMU3ybKTew EDox_pO5XB3HR_Fq1tdsJuvQr0ab3Ao5Xbi7zWw84up0lSwQGn 1xsRm72K_P-QOPDk8FVFmBv0rPuoemdnKAcDfickfGkNSU&__tn__=R]-R
Floorman is offline   Reply With Quote