Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2021, 05:48 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default What is next for this 2015 210?

I have started having numerous problems with this 210. I have been fortunate enough that each time it quit I was at home. In January, I turned the key and got strange numbers that jumped out at me, it didn’t crank, nothing. I had it towed to the Chevy Dealer, and due to COVID and parts availability, it took five weeks to get it repaired. They replaced the PCM, recoded three keys. In April, at home, turned the key and it would crank but not turn over. I had read somewhere it was a good idea to have a couple five pin relays…..pulled the Run Start Relays and installed new….in business again. Early August, it wouldn’t start again….Fuel Pump Replaced. The Tech showed me some photos of the strap and nut and bolt, they were totally rusted out. Then last week, turned it over and got a Service Engine…I used my Code Reader and got a P0455, Fuel Pressure Sensor. I drove it to a garage that I know, and they will take it in next week and check it, along with the Gas Cap. I mention the Gas Cap because on three different occasions I got the message to tighten my Gas Cap. The Fuel Pump failure is most probably because I haven’t driven regularly due to the wife’s health problems which are resolved. I am thankful for Coach-Net, watching them get it out of carport, up a steep driveway and loaded and to Chevy 45 miles away…priceless.
Old 09-24-2021, 04:03 PM   #2
Platinum Member

That's a lot of problems in a short period of time. Very frustrating for you I'm sure.

I can't help but wonder if it has been correctly diagnosed yet but fingers crossed that all the previous repairs were necessary and it is just coincidence that multiple failures occurred.

You might a well get the garage to check chassis battery grounds. It's a long shot but poor ground can cause problems. I mention this because of the rusted out strap you mentioned.

Hopefully all is fixed soon.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 04:34 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Has this van been in salty areas or near the ocean Any severely rusted stuff would make me think that corrosion in grounds as Marko mentioned or in the other areas like the often leaky PCM under the hood might be an issue. The other thread on Chevy issues has be wondering if everyone should be getting a look at the fuse box(s) and perhaps clean the contacts for at least the high current and/critical relays and fuses and then grease them to help reduce future issues.

If the latch clips on the fuse box are broken, bent out, or cut off, all of which are kind of common because the box can be very hard to open and close, I would be suspect of corrosion in it. Also look at the baffle on the left fender above the box that should divert water away from the box. With the hood open and in fairly bright light, look into the left front wheelwell and see if you see light coming through from the fuse box area. If you see light, seal those openings well.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 04:53 PM   #4
Platinum Member

when I got our van at 8 years old, I had a battery drain to track down.

part of that was pulling each fuse to check current draw.

while at it I cleaned the leg of each fuse with scotchbrite, fuse block with deoxit
and put back with light dieelectric grease
another handy tool is a nicsander which is a fiberglass strand "pen" used to clean pins

any time I am near a connector I do same, some of the sensors deal in milliamps at 5 volts and a crusty connection can give bad data and cause driveability problems

also on the chev the fuse block under the driver's seat

a fuel pump problem will often warn with a lean condition code on both banks, or loss of power/pinging on hard acceleration. confirm with pressure test on fuel rail.

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 07:06 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I replaced the battery about a year before this happened, it didn’t die, but thought it prudent. I live rural, haven’t been near any salt water, and I keep it in a enclosed metal carport, plugged into the house with a heavy duty extension. The Fuse Box….I called it a host of names trying to get it open, ha! The pins on the Relays I pulled were clean, didn’t show any signs rust, but replacing them had me up and running again. I mentioned the message to tighten the gas cap, occurring several times…..I did notice that when you twisted it, got the one click and released it moved slighted counter clockwise, like it wasn’t holding. Since I have never replaced a gas cap on any vehicle, I really didn’t think much of it at the time. The ironic part is I had a ‘05 190, bought new, that never had a breakdown or failure; at that time I was doing the maintenance, and other than the usual replacements it never failed. Oh well, glad it is getting repaired….and we can head out and wander the backroads and small towns. I really appreciate the inputs - that is what makes this Group so great.