Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2021, 10:22 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Wingamm coming to the US market this fall

https://www.wingamm.com/us/

It seems that several models will be available in the US. They will be located in Los Angeles, New York, and Miami.
CalVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:39 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Very cool. I wonder if they’ll have the US or European front end.
AlexJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 03:03 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Very interesting, I assume it is based on Fiat/Promaster. Is manufacturing/assembly in US or in Italy?
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 06:46 AM   #4
Bronze Member

Indeed, very interesting in many respects. I wonder how the presence of new Euro vans in the States will influence the market. I do not know where they are manufactured. I'd say the US is big enough for them to have a plant here.
Old 05-30-2021, 08:37 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ View Post
Very cool. I wonder if they’ll have the US or European front end.
They are using the Promaster rather than the Ducato, so front end will be different
RobRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 08:38 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalVan View Post
Indeed, very interesting in many respects. I wonder how the presence of new Euro vans in the States will influence the market. I do not know where they are manufactured. I'd say the US is big enough for them to have a plant here.
No they are smallish operation in Italy, so they will build the shells there and assemble them in the US
Old 05-30-2021, 08:40 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Very interesting, I assume it is based on Fiat/Promaster. Is manufacturing/assembly in US or in Italy?
Well using the Promaster assembly will be in the US
Old 05-31-2021, 01:37 AM   #8
Platinum Member

The Promaster is built to US requirements, so I suspect that they would have to use it. It makes more sense for service. Unusually they are using the 118wb... and the US doesn't offer that as a cutaway. I wonder how this will work...

How many years have we been asking for these tiny European Class C rigs? I love it. Too late for me, but I see there could be plenty of demand. I would have grabbed one of these in a moment 5 to 10 years ago.

What does everyone think of the propane system? That is unusual in the US, except for trailers... and the Quebec 5 Mars conversions. And... what is with that inconvenient dip in the counter top? Why?

Did anyone get the brochure? I wonder how tall it is. And what the price is going to be. And how does it sleep 3+1? LOL Have no idea what that means...
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 02:05 AM   #9
Platinum Member

It's very curious they are using 118” wheelbase, yet the unit is the length of the 136”. Huge rear overhang , but tighter turning radius.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 02:42 AM   #10
Platinum Member

One of the models appears designed to comfortably sleep four people, and has a nice storage garage, which are both common requests from many Class B wanna-bees. With any luck, this will get interesting quickly.

https://www.wingamm.com/us/camper-rv/oasis-690-twins/
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 03:14 AM   #11
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
...Did anyone get the brochure? I wonder how tall it is. And what the price is going to be. And how does it sleep 3+1? LOL Have no idea what that means...
The Oasi 540 which sells for $75,000 in Europe will be priced in the range of $120,000 to $125,000 in the US market.
Old 05-31-2021, 03:19 AM   #12
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
The Promaster is built to US requirements, so I suspect that they would have to use it. It makes more sense for service. Unusually they are using the 118wb... and the US doesn't offer that as a cutaway. I wonder how this will work...

How many years have we been asking for these tiny European Class C rigs? I love it. Too late for me, but I see there could be plenty of demand. I would have grabbed one of these in a moment 5 to 10 years ago.

What does everyone think of the propane system? That is unusual in the US, except for trailers... and the Quebec 5 Mars conversions. And... what is with that inconvenient dip in the counter top? Why?

Did anyone get the brochure? I wonder how tall it is. And what the price is going to be. And how does it sleep 3+1? LOL Have no idea what that means...
Manufacturing could be based on Promaster in Italy or Promaster in USA. I guess price could be around >>$100K based on their prices in UK.

I like their heating system; perhaps the best I have ever seen. It is like hydronic but should be called “Airtronic”. It is less expensive to pump air than coolant, can’t leak, and very likely super quiet.

All cabinetry is glued to specific anchor points, no staple guns – hoorah, could be very fast manufacturing cycle. Expensive molds but reduced assembly labor.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:39 AM   #13
Bronze Member

Quote:
[Manufacturing could be based on Promaster in Italy or Promaster in USA. I guess price could be around >>$100K based on their prices in UK.
There are no Promasters in Italy. They use the Ducato that has a diesel, no gas engine. So the US Promaster will be the base.
Old 05-31-2021, 01:48 PM   #14
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRyan View Post
There are no Promasters in Italy. They use the Ducato that has a diesel, no gas engine. So the US Promaster will be the base.
Our laws will enforce that one, of course. I suspect that they will have to change platforms over here since there is no 118wh cutaway produced in Mexico.

The outside storage was really impressive... to us B owners.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 01:49 PM   #15
Platinum Member

They will use the Promaster because of EPA and DOT certification. And that almost certainly means final assembly in the US with RV components shipped from Italy. NA-spec Promasters are assembled in Mexico and sold through dealers in NA. It would make no financial sense to ship Promasters to Italy, build them out, and ship them back.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 05:04 PM   #16
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRyan View Post
I am sure they will choose best route for them. Fiberglass work will likely stay in Italy for a while. There are good fiberglass experts in NA like Casita, Scamp, Bigfoot, Escape or Oliver but setting factory here could take some time. Shipping Promasters to Italy is about $3K/ea or less so definitely feasible.
We bought VW Westfalia via European delivery, VW in Germany delivered US van with California specification to Westfalia and I picked it up from Westfalia.
Old 05-31-2021, 09:22 PM   #17
Platinum Member

We can call it a mini-Class C.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:21 AM   #18
Platinum Member

Yeah, given this is built on a cut-away, it's a class C, maybe call it a "C-" because it's small. That's not a bad thing, it's just a classification.

None of the videos demonstrated climbing into the bed once it's pulled down from the ceiling. I'd like to see how that works.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 03:24 AM   #19
Bronze Member

Does it have an Air Conditioner?

Looking forward to seeing the price and the size of the water tanks.
skiMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 06:31 PM   #20
Platinum Member

Default Brochure and specs

I contacted Wingamm and got the following email:

Thank you for your interest in Wingamm! We intend to have showrooms in Los Angeles and New Jersey with pop-ups around the country over the next 12 months.

We are now close to having our first model, the Wingamm Oasi 540, available in the Winter of 2021 to purchase in America. Other models will follow in 2022. If you’re interested in purchasing a Wingamm, we have created a formal interest list for the Oasi 540. We expect the sales price to be in the range of $135,000 -$145,000. To be added to the waiting list, please click on this link and complete the form: Oasi 540 Waiting List. We expect to have limited production in 2021 so don’t wait to sign up!

To better familiarize you with the Wingamm Oasi 540, attached is its brochure and below are a few links to helpful videos. Also, below is a photo of the Oasi 540 next to a Range Rover Evoque so you can see just how compact the motor home actually is!

Here is a video of the revolutionary cassette sewage system:
https://vimeo.com/559153623

Also, here is a video that illustrates just how small the Wingamm Oasi 540 is when parked next to a compact sedan:
https://vimeo.com/559162387

I love this video of the Wingamm Oasi 540 at the auto show in Germany. I think it does a great job capturing the interior features:
https://vimeo.com/559162484

Attached is the brochure they sent me.

There is no mention of the electrical system and its capabilities. The brochure lists 220v outlets, but i expect they'll get this changed before production. There is no mention of an air conditioner.

In the email they sent, they referred to their "revolutionary cassette sewage system." I don't see anything revolutionary about it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wingamm540BrochureUS (1).pdf (2.92 MB, 43 views)
Snowy is offline   Reply With Quote