Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2018, 08:47 PM   #681
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
did you read the 4 email relies from volta power. since arv is using volta power now why wouldn't they have similiar issues.

theres cold and then theres damn cold. -20 centigrade is a lot worse than -2 centigrade
Advanced RV has more experience in lithium ion battery systems and have installed heating pads. They most likely have modified the Volta System to work with their Silverleaf controller instead of the simple controls provided by Volta. If their heating pads for Volta work like mine they will work with shore power or off the batteries themselves and the batteries will never fall below 42 deg. F. The Neundorfers took a January trip to Florida from Cleveland in that unusual cold spell. Marcia N. blogged about it:

Marcia's RV Travels

And Mike N. wrote an addendum explaining why:

https://advanced-rv.com/addendum-marcias-rv-travels/
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:14 PM   #682
Platinum Member

It seems like no matter how high tech the RV gets, a simple Buddy heater in winter is always a must.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:47 PM   #683
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Advanced RV has more experience in lithium ion battery systems and have installed heating pads. They most likely have modified the Volta System to work with their Silverleaf controller instead of the simple controls provided by Volta. If their heating pads for Volta work like mine they will work with shore power or off the batteries themselves and the batteries will never fall below 42 deg. F. The Neundorfers took a January trip to Florida from Cleveland in that unusual cold spell. Marcia N. blogged about it:

Marcia's RV Travels

Davydd-i sent the addendum article to Jack at voltpower asking to comment versus the winnebego system. I asked if plugging in would would help avoid this-thanks for your info- Of course with that cold in florida i's be in a hotel
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:22 PM   #684
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post

Marcia's RV Travels

Jack from volta gave me a response. he says winnebego is using cabin air to keep battery warm- i asked him if he thought that was enough- i will post that response when i get iti

Jacks response

The advanced RV team was under timing pressure to complete their first install and they decided not to install the heater pad and controller for the vehicle and forgot to add it in when they had time. The advanced pack is external to the vehicle in a compartment underneath with no access to cabin air so the heater pad was the only source of energy to keep it warm. When the heater pad is properly installed when you plug into shore power the pack can turn the pad on whenever it needs to in order to regulate temperature. The Travato is going to use cabin air to maintain the proper temperature range of the pack.

the final response from Jack about cabin air working

Yes it has been tested and confirmed thought this winter.
Old 03-23-2018, 04:26 PM   #685
Platinum Member

I read somewhere on Facebook that the Volta system was in the mid to upper 20k range on top of the normal Travato cost. What that means for street prices, not sure.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 04:36 PM   #686
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlts22 View Post
The 2019 Travato has dual-pane windows as an option. I think that is a nice thing to have, because it deadens noise quite a bit. Even though Volta is tried and true, I would probably wait 1-2 model years until Winnebago works the bugs out.

It is nice to see improvements in models that are not just some new trim or just useless gewgaws. Having dual pane windows is a big step up.
They also selected a great brand for those windows, not some cheap Chinese knockoffs. I had the same brand in my Cricket trailer, and they were excellent and durable. Being able to have them vent, but still in a locked position, is a very nice feature.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:01 PM   #687
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
They also selected a great brand for those windows, not some cheap Chinese knockoffs. I had the same brand in my Cricket trailer, and they were excellent and durable. Being able to have them vent, but still in a locked position, is a very nice feature.
Ron-since we are on a much less read forum than facebook. How much net do you think this added to a 2019 travato G price?
Old 03-23-2018, 05:04 PM   #688
Platinum Member

I will have to look into it, but if you had shore power, you should be able to run the Truma on electric to heat the cabin. A mod to provide a 12v supplemental off the engine battery to the Truma control would not be a terribly difficult project.

I may be able run the Truma on 110v off the inverter for those times you want to economize on LP. On the low setting, it's only 700 watts. Another option is a space heater to keep the temp above freezing in storage.

But I'm not really concerned with such scenarios as I live in the south and store in a heated building.

From the FitRV video, he makes a statement about a Truma line used to heat the water tank and the battery box. So I'm unclear if there is just the duct, or if there is a blower in there to force cabin air in, or if there is a Truma vent into the box.
Old 03-23-2018, 05:07 PM   #689
Platinum Member

Quote:
Ron-since we are on a much less read forum than facebook. How much net do you think this added to a 2019 travato G price?
On a G, the cost is $1200. On the K it's $1750.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #690
Platinum Member

Techfan -
Can you post pictures of the roof rack mounting brackets for the long side rails? I have a 2018 Travato 59K. Single solar panel mounted to the roof. I ordered the new WINNEBAGO Roof Rack (not the older FIAMMA) and I think I have all of the parts, except mounting brackets for the passenger side rail. The Travato of course has the electric canopy mounted on the roof top cleats of the ProMaster with its own special mounting brackets. What I think that is required to add the roof rack rail on this side is a PAIR of specialized brackets. I have qty 4 of a bracket but think there is still another qty 4 required. On the driver side of the van I have qty 4 brackets that go directly on the roof top cleats on that side. I am complete on that side with all of the lock nuts, carriage head bolts, u shaped brackets for the roof cleats, etc. Its just the passenger side that I think I am missing one of a pair of brackets for each of the four positions. Any detail pictures of the rack mounting would be great.
Storysrvwego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 07:32 PM   #691
Platinum Member

Quote:
On a G, the cost is $1200. On the K it's $1750.

are you sure? you don't mean 12,000 and 17,500
Old 03-23-2018, 07:38 PM   #692
Platinum Member

Quote:
are you sure? you don't mean 12,000 and 17,500
I thought you were asking about the windows, as that is what you quoted. What I gave you was for the windows options.

If you are asking about the Lithium Package, it adds about $21,000 net to the deal.

Considering the installation, cabinet modifications, wiring changes, plus the parts, it's not out of line. My guess is the parts are 50%, the install is 20%, the WGO margin is 20%, and your dealer's margin is 10%.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:56 PM   #693
Platinum Member

Quote:
I thought you were asking about the windows, as that is what you quoted. What I gave you was for the windows options.

If you are asking about the Lithium Package, it adds about $21,000 net to the deal.

Considering the installation, cabinet modifications, wiring changes, plus the parts, it's not out of line. My guess is the parts are 50%, the install is 20%, the WGO margin is 20%, and your dealer's margin is 10%.

I was not questioning the price except it seemed low. do you know what the 2019 msrp is for the KG and KL

thanks
Old 03-23-2018, 08:20 PM   #694
Platinum Member

The way it's working right now, you start with the base price of the G/K at $106,630 and add from there. I had about $6400 in options & delivery fees, plus the lithium package ($29k). Add all that up, and then apply the discounting.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:33 PM   #695
Platinum Member

Quote:
The way it's working right now, you start with the base price of the G/K at $106,630 and add from there. I had about $6400 in options & delivery fees, plus the lithium package ($29k). Add all that up, and then apply the discounting.

did you get 30 percent off-lol-i am nosy.
Old 03-23-2018, 08:40 PM   #696
Platinum Member

I got the usual discount that I usually get.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:12 PM   #697
Platinum Member

Quote:
I got the usual discount that I usually get.
the multiple ownership discount. I bet you have bought more travatos since they were introduced than anyone else. Did you buy from your home dealer or one in california
Old 03-23-2018, 10:27 PM   #698
Platinum Member

Default 2017.5 and newer roof rack on Travato models

23Mar18 -
Can someone take a picture of the brackets that attach the optional roof rack onto the roof of the ProMaster, on the passenger (awning) side? I have a 2018 Travato 59K that I am adding the rack too. Parts Dept of my dealer ordered and provided the components to do this since it is not order-able as a pre-packaged "kit" for post addition to these RV's.

I believe I have all of the parts (rails, cross rails, nuts and bolts, rubber pieces, etc. etc. and the correct driver side rail to roof brackets. The driver side uses four, single extruded aluminum brackets

It is the passenger side that I am certain I do not have a complete set of four, yet. Without photographs of another or looking at an actual Travato with this rack (not the older Fiamma rack), I believe I have only 4 x the upper half of the four, passenger side brackets. If I am correct, I still need 4 x passenger side lower-half brackets to get the long, right side rail installed.

No illustrated installation guide included with the parts I have received. As good as the online WB Resources drawings and parts list is, it includes no real detail of the roof rack in terms of the "other" pieces that are required to put it in place. My dealer has been terrific and is looking into this with WB. While we wait for WB support to respond, if anybody can post close-up picture of just one of the four rail supporting brackets on this side, it would help me to see the actual setup. Perhaps also useful for any further conversations I may have with dealer parts dept or WB themselves. Thanks in advance if anybody can help. Gene
Old 03-24-2018, 12:59 PM   #699
Platinum Member

storysrvwego, I invite you and all other Travato owners with PM-specific questions to hop over to promasterforum.com.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:50 PM   #700
Platinum Member

24mar18Thanks. If I ever have a PM specific question, I may go there.
My late night research on my WINNEBAGO roof rack has found a YouTube video that briefly pans across the passenger side brackets for rack. Without high resolution, the side rail support brackets I see are black and possibly stamped from steel but in any case, it is evident that they are bolted through the bracket for the canopy. that is about all I can tell so far. Not enough detail to know if this is a one piece bracket or if it is used in conjuntion with the piece that WINNEBAGO sent via my dealer to me. Questions have been logged with WB but it will be next week before I see a reply which is ok; no hurry at this time.
Gene