Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #101
Platinum Member

Here are pictures of the rotary thingamajig.

Vents closed

Vents Open

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
eric1514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 01:56 PM   #102
Platinum Member

Looks like the "alarm" on Winnebago drawings

If it is the swivel seat alarm (turn alarm "open" so you can hear it) , have you tried starting vehicle with (1) seat in correct position and (2) seat turned around to test if it works correctly.

It may be that the base vehicle did not ship with an "ignition interlocking switch" so Winnebago added their own.

My VW EVC has an "ignition interlocking switch", so if either seat is turned just a bit, the van won't start.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alarm1.jpg (82.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Alarm2.jpg (117.9 KB, 4 views)
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 02:56 PM   #103
Platinum Member

Thank you for your initial maiden voyage observations. A few questions:

1: How much stuff is needed for the second bed? I was guessing you need the additional cushion, which likely wind up living in the compartment over the cab. What other items will be needed?

2: How do you like the ladder on the door?
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:27 PM   #104
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlts22 View Post
Thank you for your initial maiden voyage observations. A few questions:

1: How much stuff is needed for the second bed? I was guessing you need the additional cushion, which likely wind up living in the compartment over the cab. What other items will be needed?

2: How do you like the ladder on the door?
1 The second bed needs the cushion that is the back rest for the water tank/bench and another cushion that does nothing but help form the bed. That cushion also has a pocket that holds a metal bar that is part of making up the bed. So essentially, you have two cushions that are 2.5'x1.5'x8" just riding around in back taking up valuable space. Only one of them can ride up in the overhead storage, not both.

2 The ladder is nicely done, as are all the Fiamma accessories. I'm glad it's there, but I'm not sure what purpose it serves. You can't use it to load the kayaks, although it would help, and you can't put a cargo box on roof that you could reach from the ladder.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
Old 06-22-2015, 06:33 PM   #105
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobB View Post
Looks like the "alarm" on Winnebago drawings

If it is the swivel seat alarm (turn alarm "open" so you can hear it) , have you tried starting vehicle with (1) seat in correct position and (2) seat turned around to test if it works correctly.

It may be that the base vehicle did not ship with an "ignition interlocking switch" so Winnebago added their own.

My VW EVC has an "ignition interlocking switch", so if either seat is turned just a bit, the van won't start.
If it's an alarm, it's the most anemic buzzer I've ever heard, or it was on it's last legs. I can't make it sound again no matter what I do. When I heard it the first time, I was stopped, hooked up to shore power, key in my pocket and both chairs swiveled toward the back of the coach. We had to check everything including outside to find the source of the very faint buzz.

Now I can't make it sound no matter what I try but I have discovered, that there seems to be no interlock or alarm if I start the engine with the seats swiveled or even put it in gear. If I was brave, I could drive the rig with the seats facing the rear using a mirror, Annie Oakley style.

Why would an alarm buzzer have the rotating bezel?

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
Old 06-22-2015, 07:01 PM   #106
Platinum Member

Have no idea why there is a rotating bezel. Definitely a Winnebago part, though. Maybe your dealer knows something about it.

Dwg says it is Winnebago Part No. 160876-01-000. If I do google search, that part shows up a lot in other Winnebagos parts diagrams. Also in 3D parts but I do not have Windows computer, so cannot open and check it out.

Face of the alarm part looks just like (with exception of rotating bezel) the alarms used on boats for diesel engine shutoff alarms. Loud, annoying, gets your attention.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:31 PM   #107
Platinum Member

Quote:
Have no idea why there is a rotating bezel. Definitely a Winnebago part, though. Maybe your dealer knows something about it.

Dwg says it is Winnebago Part No. 160876-01-000. If I do google search, that part shows up a lot in other Winnebagos parts diagrams. Also in 3D parts but I do not have Windows computer, so cannot open and check it out.

Face of the alarm part looks just like (with exception of rotating bezel) the alarms used on boats for diesel engine shutoff alarms. Loud, annoying, gets your attention.
You're probably right. It's an alarm, probably for the swiveling seats and mine is broken; hence the wheezy tone and the fact that it makes no tone now. There seems to be no interlock preventing me from driving off with the seats unlatched and Winnebago relies on a buzzer only. The rotating bezel must be the volume control. What's got me is that it "sounded" when there was no reason for it.

It would be very strange if I'm the only guy with this part. All the other Travato owners here must be at work or traveling. Maybe one will chime in on the subject.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
Old 06-22-2015, 10:48 PM   #108
Platinum Member

Back to your 59G.

Do you use the second bed often?

"A little more automation on the entry step would be nice." What did you mean by that?

How is the dinette table? Others have reported - to low, wobbly, etc. - and Winnebago has reportedly been tweaking it.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:21 PM   #109
Platinum Member

Quote:
Back to your 59G.

Do you use the second bed often?

"A little more automation on the entry step would be nice." What did you mean by that?

How is the dinette table? Others have reported - to low, wobbly, etc. - and Winnebago has reportedly been tweaking it.
Never used the second bed for sleeping. We just made it up to see how to do it. I might use it for my daughter if she comes camping with us at some future time. It has a lot of pieces so there are a lot of lumps. A layer of cheap convoluted foam from Walmart would smooth it out well. The van is wide enough for me (5'6") to sleep width wise.

The entry step is totally manual, electric, but you need to push a button to open or close it. I was hoping if you opened the door, the step would extend. The van knows the door is open. It wouldn't be that hard to relay that info to the step motor. Well, for me it would be hard but for someone who knows something about electronics it looks like a piece of cake.

The dinette table is fine. We are not large people and we fit fine side by side or across from each other with the extension out. Our legs have plenty of room underneath it. It shakes a little on the road on lousy roads but I'll fix it with some moleskin or foam. It's in the way of my legs when I swivel the driver's seat around and slouch to view the TV, so I lower it and that works.

Another shot

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
Old 06-23-2015, 12:11 AM   #110
Platinum Member

are you sure you are operating step correctly. on my zion the step automatically extends when the sliding door is opened. i can keep it extended with a switch when camping so it's not contunually going in and out/

i also think this step is a promaster thing. the promaster is also used for hotel/airport shuttles.
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:30 AM   #111
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51 View Post
are you sure you are operating step correctly. on my zion the step automatically extends when the sliding door is opened. i can keep it extended with a switch when camping so it's not contunually going in and out/

i also think this step is a promaster thing. the promaster is also used for hotel/airport shuttles.
The step is made by Dicor of all people and yes, I'm using it as per the literature. You need to push the switch until the step starts to move, release the switch and then the step will extend or retract. Works, but it's silly.

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
Old 06-24-2015, 02:30 AM   #112
Platinum Member

The rotary dial, as I've explained in the past, is to control the volume of the alarm buzzer. It doesn't dampen it much, but will take the edge off. Maybe if you are hard of hearing, opening it up would be useful.

One trick to keep from popping yourself in the head with the bike rack is to grab the door from the rack and push it closed. Grabbing the door handle puts your head in the way of the rack.

The step will automatically retract when you start the ignition. It's not auto extending. This same step is used on the zion on the cab doors. Those are auto extending, but I'm not sure it is on the sliding door.

Frankly, I like that it doesn't auto extend. I often pop the door open, throw something inside, and close the door. Having it slide open would probably pop me in the shins.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:44 AM   #113
Platinum Member

Eric 1514 (or any owner),
I notice in your (very nice!) photo that there is an air space between the awning and the roof... Have you been under the awning in the rain? Rain doesn't leak between the awning and the Van does it?
Scottbaldassari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:07 AM   #114
Gold Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mass59k

Thanks all for the rotary dial info...I closed mine and lowered all buzzer sounds too. Getting spare tire carrier (fabricated) today..will post pic
Wayne in Mass 59k
Old 06-24-2015, 12:15 PM   #115
Platinum Member

Can't wait to see that Wayne. I was looking for something to carry a spare that I could mount on my ladder (if I went on a trip where I thought carrying a spare would be necessary), but am coming up empty.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 12:39 PM   #116
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottbaldassari View Post
Eric 1514 (or any owner),
I notice in your (very nice!) photo that there is an air space between the awning and the roof... Have you been under the awning in the rain? Rain doesn't leak between the awning and the Van does it?
The awning is held off the roof about an inch. It is back from the side of the van enough that it would take a lot of wind to push rain drops sideways enough to pass under that gap and strike you. In that roof area there are also some depressions in the sheet metal that would serve to channel water off the roof front and rear.

This is all speculation. I haven't been in the rain under that awning. Also, that awning, a Fiamma 65s, is, I believe, not the same awning would have if your van did not have the roof/kayak racks. Perhaps that awning, would mount closer to the roof.

Eric

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g
Old 06-24-2015, 03:24 PM   #117
Platinum Member

The roof rain gutter should channel much of the water away in a light rain. That was our experience. You probably will not use your awning by sitting outside in a driving rain but it will prevent water from coming in the door opening and that is a benefit when coming and going.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:46 AM   #118
Bronze Member

Default Winnebago Travato thread here

The Fiamma gap is present on the vans equipped with a roof rack. The non rack awnings seat with a gasket to close most of it up.

That ladder is used on the Euro vans to load things in the roof, and to hang lawn chairs using a rack. I have never seen a Euro Ducato with and AC unit so the roof rack is more generally utilitarian.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Exechobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:53 AM   #119
Bronze Member

Eric1514 did you ever find a cover? I believe Fiamma makes one to fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Exechobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 12:56 PM   #120
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exechobo View Post
Eric1514 did you ever find a cover? I believe Fiamma makes one to fit.
No, I haven't settled on a manufacturer yet. Fiamma makes some Ducato specific cab covers but only a generic RV cover, as do other people. I have downloaded several Fiamma catalogs but I have no idea where to order there stuff from? Any clues?

I did buy this Windshield Cover. It is quite a bit thinner than the ADCO brand I had on my Class C and not as opaque. But at night, it is fine and during the day it keeps the UV off the dash and seats and keeps the van cooler.

It looks like this

Eric

"Il Travato Rosso"
2015 Travato 59g