Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2019, 05:00 AM   #121
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knit View Post
It means that the current owners continue to own EHGNA including both the assets and liabilities. Thor did not buy any of EHGNA. Roadtrek is but one brand made by EHGNA. At least at one point, Thor was apparently willing to pay about $195m and assume $206m in debt.

That is what I originally thought, but it does talk about not being liable for some of the NA liabilities if they were not contractural which doesn't seem to fit.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 08:26 AM   #122
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
That is what I originally thought, but it does talk about not being liable for some of the NA liabilities if they were not contractural which doesn't seem to fit.
In the world of finance, when you buy a company what transfers to the purchaser (parent company) and what stays with the subsidiary (EHG NA) is not fixed by law but is a business construct. It's primarily about risk containment, tax liabilities, and managing regional laws / regulations.

If Erwin Hymer was a mean company, they could have chosen to dump a ton of liabilities and junk into EHG NA in preparation for a bankruptcy - it appears they saw EHG NA as a valued business and got caught by cold northern surprise the German newspapers have creatively characterized as:

ERWIN HYMER GROUP NORTH AMERICA
New findings in the infidelity scandal.

When this all started, Erwin Hymer wanted to enter NA and tested different schemes. Roadtrek probably appeared as a easier way to set a NA foothold in the market (they had done this elsewhere) and probably thought they 'could handle the Canadian CEO' and gave him a lot of free rein (possibly too much).

I blame SCTV for giving the Hymer family an unrealistic perspective on Canadian culture as innocent, friendly, and fun-loving. /s
ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 04:43 PM   #123
Gold Member

Default Feb 1 Thor announces deal closed without EHGNA

Feb 1 Thor PR deal has Closed excluding NA but still unclear of NA future. Says Existing contracts honored by EHG does that include warranties of current owners but not future? Party line from Canada ‘business as usual’ but clearly it’s not. The audit is meant to Conclude today according to EHGNA.
https://ir.thorindustries.com/press-...n/default.aspx
Glamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 05:13 PM   #124
Platinum Member

That Did Not Take Long!!!!

The Erwin Hymer corporate website stripped EHG NA, Roadtrek and the Jeep top company from the site.

The web administrators are very busy over there updating pages and refreshing search engines.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:37 PM   #125
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post
That Did Not Take Long!!!!

The Erwin Hymer corporate website stripped EHG NA, Roadtrek and the Jeep top company from the site.

The web administrators are very busy over there updating pages and refreshing search engines.

They certainly speak in the press release like Thor bought the entire EHG including the EHG name, so i wonder if the NA division is now allowed to call itself, and who owns it?

The dollar values listed in several posts appear to be incorrect as those numbers were Euros per the release. So $190 million + in value and $200 million + in assumed liabilities were taken from the acquisition price.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:48 PM   #126
Platinum Member

I tried to get an update from CTV on the EHG NA situation but more important breaking news has crowded out the regional news cycle today.

BREAKING Ron Joyce, co-founder of Tim Hortons doughnut chain, dies at age 88
Old 02-01-2019, 09:03 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
They certainly speak in the press release like Thor bought the entire EHG including the EHG name, so i wonder if the NA division is now allowed to call itself, and who owns it?

The dollar values listed in several posts appear to be incorrect as those numbers were Euros per the release. So $190 million + in value and $200 nillion + in assumed liabilities were taken from the acquisition price.
It seems that the valuation of EHGNA was established at 350 mil Euro at the time the original transaction was agreed upon. (either that would have been specifically stated at the time, or Thor and EHG have agreed now on that being the value at the time the overall purchase price was agreed upon).

Think of it this way ... flip it around. The portion of the purchase price agreed upon when they did the original deal attributed to everything else Thor was buying should not be changed now by either Thor or EHG, so they needed to agree on what portion of the total was attributed to EHGNA and reduce the total purchase price by that amount (thereby keeping the price for everything else the same as what it was originally).

In today's dollars, the 350 mil Euro, converts to just about US$400 mil.
Learning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 12:21 AM   #128
Platinum Member

Well, this didn’t go according to plan...

https://www.gohymer.com/acquisition-...or-industries/
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 12:28 AM   #129
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Well, this didn’t go according to plan...

https://www.gohymer.com/acquisition-...or-industries/

I don't see a date on that article, and it sure looks like something we saw a long time ago from Hammill?

It also says planned acquisition and it is now completed.

edit;Never mind, I got the sarcasm now, just a little slow today, or everyday.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:30 AM   #130

This is depressing news for Roadtrek owners. The financial picture with reportedly $100M in falsified revenue and total lack of information concerning a desire to keep EHGNA in operation, creates a grim picture for warranty repairs and spare parts to the Ecotrek system. Hopefully, they will release information on their suppliers of the lithium systems so their customers will have somewhere to go. I have begun looking at the ability to install a different system when mine fails. It does appear doable but will cost a bit.
South Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:04 PM   #131
Platinum Member

Doesn't sound like Camping World is in a position to buy anything, yet their cultures would be a good fit...

https://rvmiles.com/embattled-campin...ces-inventory/
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 10:00 PM   #132
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Doesn't sound like Camping World is in a position to buy anything, yet their cultures would be a good fit...

https://rvmiles.com/embattled-campin...ces-inventory/
Seems as Marcus Lemonis - Camping World, Eddie Lampert - Sears and Jim Hammill – EHGNA CEOs went to the same school .
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:25 AM   #133
Platinum Member

Saw this on rvtrader. Can't figure out the relationship between Hymer and Hymer-American-Fastback. A jeep aftermarket company and an rv maker go together like Sears & Kmart.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...KER-5005482542
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 02:44 AM   #134
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
A jeep aftermarket company and an rv maker go together like Sears & Kmart.

Fastback sells a poptop camper conversion kit for Jeep

https://www.americanfastbacks.com/shop/jeep/badlands/
rectalogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:04 PM   #135
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Saw this on rvtrader. Can't figure out the relationship between Hymer and Hymer-American-Fastback. A jeep aftermarket company and an rv maker go together like Sears & Kmart.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...KER-5005482542
Erwin Hymer NA bought Fastback and we will see what happens with it after the shakeout of the acquisition. Makes sense for them to be in this business. They used to do a pop top on the Nissan commercial van for awhile. The Fastbacks are sold through RV dealers I think with the stuff already installed in a Jeep or maybe you bring in your Jeep and they install it.
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:06 PM   #136
Platinum Member

I'll repeat my post from the other thread... a well respected dealership individual posted on Facebook this morning that they are expecting to hear some 'good news' from Hymer this week. Presumably that the audit is finished, and what the Hymer family plans to do.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 05:07 PM   #137
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Seems as Marcus Lemonis - Camping World, Eddie Lampert - Sears and Jim Hammill – EHGNA CEOs went to the same school .
All taught by professor Ken Lay!
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 06:48 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
I'll repeat my post from the other thread... a well respected dealership individual posted on Facebook this morning that they are expecting to hear some 'good news' from Hymer this week. Presumably that the audit is finished, and what the Hymer family plans to do.
what is the dealership name?
Moonriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:08 AM   #139
Platinum Member

Sunshine State in Florida... one of the few that kept doing warranty work even if you didn't buy it from them. Good people who know their stuff.

Just hope things start limping along again now that the audit is done. The dealers have as many questions as we do.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 01:51 AM   #140
Platinum Member

Thor Industries, Inc. (NYSE:THO) Files An 8-K Entry into a Material Definitive Agreement ByME Staff 8-k -February 1, 2019

Among other revisions to the Purchase Agreement, the Amendment (i) documented the fact that EHG sold and transferred the North American operations to be excluded from the Transaction prior to the closing, (ii) reduced the cash purchase price paid by the Company by €170 million (approximately $194 million at the exchange rate as of January 31, 2019).

Wonder to whom EHG NA was sold and transferred to?

Holding company?

I think Leisure Travel could pick up (if the price and terms are right) the Roadtrek brand keeps things in the Canadian family and gives LTV a van product again and an established customer base.

I recall LTV has had challenges building their products fast enough.