Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2023, 02:18 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Lippert Floe for winterizing on the road

We live up here in the the frozen northland. So for a winter trip, if we want to use the van, we need to de-winterize and winterize on the road.

I thought I would try the Floe unit for winterizing on the road. It is really compact, and I do not have storage to carry a small air compressor around. There are a few reviews here and there, but I will admit it's a limited use item. I will add a link below. This unit comes in either 12V or 115V versions. The pump is the same in each case. I have 115V in the same compartment, so I went with this one.

The unit is simply a small air compressor limited to 15psi. Low, but it does seem to force out excess water. The compressor is loud in the van, but it's only going to run 10 minutes a year so I think I can live with it. I gave it a few tests and it works fine.

The price of $269 (12v) is high, but I found multiple units for under $100 on eBay, and decided to try one. It came unused, sealed, and in new condition.

Installation is really simple. I could not bring myself to cut into the main water line, so cut into the line I use for anti-freeze. You just insert a specific T junction in the line.

Here's a photo of the installed unit (yellow box) and the flow diagram.

Link to product: FLOE

JonMN is offline   Reply With Quote