Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2015, 11:07 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunwater View Post
Totally different feel, that twin bed layout. Thanks for posting that. I'm curious, though, that article says "Thor Motor Coach and Coachmen RV also build motorhomes on Transit chassis." But I've never come across a concrete reference to a Coachmen Transit (outside of one unsubstantiated forum post), and I've never seen mention of one on Coachmen's site, or an RV Business announcement of one being imminent. A Google search returns zilch. So can someone steer me to actual details about this Coachmen's Transit-based RV? Or is its existence merely vaporous hearsay?
Coachmen Freelander model 20CB

http://www.generalrv.com/product-coa...b-ford-transit
JamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 11:55 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Looking at these pics, I'd say the Trend/Viva may be doomed. The pricing difference is just not that great to pick one of those over this new line.

Usually I'd say a $20k difference in MSRP would justify it as another class, but in this case, it just isn't there.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 08:55 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesM View Post
thanks! I had seen that page, and another with a pic of a Chevy-based Class C, and thought they must be in error. But you prompted me to dig deeper on Coachmen's site, and I finally found the Transit model after scrolling to the bottom of the extensive Freelander layouts. Considering the Transit's GVWR, the 20CB seemed like a bloated build with that expansive over-the-cab bunk, but I guess it's gonna happen, maybe as soon as January.
sunwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:40 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Coachmen will also be building the Orion which is currently on the Promaster chassis on the Ford Transit. It is on their website, too

Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes