Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2022, 04:51 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default 2021 Pleasure Way Lexor FL Review Part 2, Exterior

Well, it's a silver ProMaster with fenders and cladding painted to match along with fussy skirting to hide the utilities.

I will say that PleasureWay likes its branding and has plastered the camper with the model and manufacturer's name. Someday when feeling ambitious, I'll remove all the PW branding as well as the RAM branding. I do wonder if the grill from the Fiat version of the PM is a simple swap. That would be fun.

Regarding those painted fenders and cladding. This is ~$1000 option that I'd pass on if ordering again. At delivery, when 50' away, I could see that the paint on those areas did not look like the paint of the rest of the body,though it is the same color. FCA never intended for those parts to be painted and the have a slight grain that shows through the paint and the surfaces, aren't truly flat or of a consistent. Consequently painting them with a gloss finish highlights the defects. I was going to bring this up with the dealer, till I looked at a Travato and a Road Trek that had the same issue.

A confession, I hate the skirting and look forward to cracking it on a speed bump, giving me an excuse to remove it. But the real problem with the skirting is that PW has incorporated the step for the van into the skirt as a running board and it is too narrow. It's not much of a problem climbing in, but stepping out you only have your heel on the step, unless you turn your leg. I'd much rather have a slide out stair or even a stool that we can firmly step on when entering or leaving the van.

The awning works well and is self-supporting, powered and retracts automatically in case of rain. It works well. PW provides a 'porch' light above the door and a string of lights along the awning that are visible even with the awning retracted.

Small notes, there is no spare tire, only fix-a-flat and a compressor and the generator is vulnerable as on most other Class B's.
Sleeping Dog is offline   Reply With Quote