Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2021, 11:04 PM   #1

Default No electricity to Roadtrek side on vehicle.

I posted this on iRV2 and they suggested that I visit you.

I have a 2017 Roadtrek CS Adventurous. The inverter will not turn on, in the back under the bed the inverter apparently has no electricity. I hit the reset button, but with no electricity that is a futile effortIn addition we have a eco trek solar charger that is also "off". I have plugged in to shore power and the inverter won't turn on to accept shore power. I am a bit puzzled. I did just have the windshield replaced last week (Mercedes Sprinter). I have done all of the tricks I know and am looking for ideas. The fuses and breakers seem fine. There seems to be power in the 4 lithium batteries. I have a blue light for each, but when I hit reset the is no "clunk". It just seems like the entire electrical side of the Roadtrek is not functioning.
Greg.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 03:24 PM   #2
Platinum Member

You may have a disconnect switch somewhere that disconnects electric power to the MH. If it is off, you will not receive any 120v or 12v. Try looking in your manual for this disconnect switch.

MLogan
Smyrna, TN
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:19 PM   #3

Default roadtrek

The only thing that I can see is that there are 3 circuit breakers above the drivers seat. They appear to be fine. I am truly at a loss to figure this out. Thank you for your reply.
Old 03-29-2021, 04:57 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Check by your sliding door, there should be some rocker switches there. One of them may be your disconnect switch for power to your coach. Do your lights or other 12v items work inside the coach? Just checked your model and found this. Monitor panel – water, propane & battery charge levels,
battery disconnect & generator hour meter

MLogan
Smyrna, TN
Old 03-29-2021, 05:17 PM   #5

There is no power to any of those. It is like the RV side of the vehicle is just dead. The only thing that has any power are the 4 lithium batteries. When I turn all 4 on, the lights do not work (which you think they would get some power. I just talked with Mercedes and there is nothing they do really when they do the re calibration. (Mercedes is curious as they work on a lot of Roadtreks). It just seems so odd that everything is dead. I guess the inverter has to be on to "accept" shore power. I did what you said and reviewed the manual. The only thing that comes to mind is a faulty circuit breaker.
Old 03-29-2021, 06:08 PM   #6
Platinum Member

The only thing I can think of is that there is a battery/power cable not connected somewhere. If you have a volt/ohm meter try tracing 12v power from battery to breaker panel. Shore line power cord may have a broken wire? You may have to break down and take to RV repair shop for them to trace down the problem.

MLogan
Smyrna, TN
Old 03-29-2021, 07:28 PM   #7

I have it set up to be repaired. Will let you know the result thanks for your assistance and advice.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg.H View Post
I posted this on iRV2 and they suggested that I visit you.

I have a 2017 Roadtrek CS Adventurous. The inverter will not turn on, in the back under the bed the inverter apparently has no electricity. I hit the reset button, but with no electricity that is a futile effortIn addition we have a eco trek solar charger that is also "off". I have plugged in to shore power and the inverter won't turn on to accept shore power. I am a bit puzzled. I did just have the windshield replaced last week (Mercedes Sprinter). I have done all of the tricks I know and am looking for ideas. The fuses and breakers seem fine. There seems to be power in the 4 lithium batteries. I have a blue light for each, but when I hit reset the is no "clunk". It just seems like the entire electrical side of the Roadtrek is not functioning.
I used to own a 2018 RT CS Adventurous. If your inverter is the same as mine there are two breakers located on the inverter at the front end (toward the driver). As I recall you have to remove a trim panel below the rear bench/ seat to access the breakers. Good luck!
Scrubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 05:15 PM   #9

Yes. thank you. I tried that. The issue (I think) is there is no electricity in the RV to power the inverter. Open to ideas.
Old 04-01-2021, 05:20 PM   #10

Do you have a remote swirch (located over the kitchen counter) ? If so perhaps it is off or malfunctioning.
Scrubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 05:21 PM   #11

I will look again.
Old 04-01-2021, 06:04 PM   #12

Default Check the 12V

The inverter will not work if there is not 12V across the battery terminals. Take off the red and black covers and check the voltage there. You can also use jumper cables there to power up the inverter if the AGM battery is not doing its job.
markoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:08 PM   #13

You are referring to the battery under the hood, correct?
Old 04-01-2021, 07:14 PM   #14

No not that one. There is a second AGM that powers the inverter. Probably underneath. My point was that without 12v, the inverter won't work. It is an issue with the RoadTrek design and if there is not power to the inverter you need to "jump start" it so the charger in the inverter can get started.
Old 04-01-2021, 07:35 PM   #15

When you say under...where is under? Front , middle, back? Don't know where to look?thank you.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:12 PM   #16
Bronze Member

There is a roadtrek specific group on FB at https://www.facebook.com/groups/245511276385412/ there are other there with CS vehicles and I'm sure they can help you sort it out quickly.
woodbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:30 PM   #17

Thank you. I submitted for membership. I am part of another Roadtrek group on facebook, they were of no help (didn't even respond to my question)and that is how I got here? Thanks.
Old 04-01-2021, 09:39 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg.H View Post
When you say under...where is under? Front , middle, back? Don't know where to look?thank you.
I have a different RT model so I cant tell you. Probably in front of the axle. But first check for 12V at the inverter. If that is not there use jumper cables to the inverter to get it going. If the battery is bad then someone else can tell you where it is and how to replace.
Old 04-02-2021, 03:00 PM   #19

Default Yes, under the hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by markoch View Post
No not that one. There is a second AGM that powers the inverter. Probably underneath. My point was that without 12v, the inverter won't work. It is an issue with the RoadTrek design and if there is not power to the inverter you need to "jump start" it so the charger in the inverter can get started.
The Sprinter’s vehicle battery is under the driver’s floorboard. The the coach agm battery is under the hood. Have you checked to make sure the inverter switch is off at the inverter and turned on at the control panel over the door? I have a cs adventurous and had to replace the 3KW inverter. RT factory had not fastened the 120 wire connections tightly and arcing at those connections almost burnt everything up.
The folks at Microgreen are very helpful. Www.Microgreen.ca. They supplied the inverters to RT.
LivNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 05:57 PM   #20
Platinum Member

Most of RV have a main battery disconnect relay like an Intellitec with remote activation. I had problem with mine and replaced it. If you turn it on and off do you hear clicking? See my Intellitec control panel and malfunctioning relay with some type contamination on copper contacts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00520.jpg (473.7 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ZZGR3431.jpg (501.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ZZGR3433.jpg (614.3 KB, 9 views)
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote