Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Should we include other RV classes or keep it as it is?
Expand it. The more the merrier! 9 7.83%
Don't expand. B's need their space on the internet. 106 92.17%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2009, 05:36 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Expand or stay as Class B?

Expand or stay as Class B?

Should we include other RV classes or keep it as it is?
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Expand or stay as Class B?

It looks as though the motivated are makinag their opinions known early. I thought of only one thing as I read your message and came to vote. It was that Ford, Chrysler and GM wouldn't be in the fix they are in if they had remained true to their inception and do one thing and do it better than anybody and not try to be all things to all people just so you can be bigger and richer. Quality beats quantiity every time.

https://www.classbforum.com/images/1994%20GMC.jpg
VernM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Expanding would draw more people but would be a little more involved keeping up with everything. Having just "B" keeps the community small and more specialized. It's one of those 6 in one and half a dozen in the other. Each has it's advantages.
renrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Mark, if you could have a separate area for "B's" but include other RV's you might get more traffic and general discussions about camping and traveling. Bruce
Old 06-05-2009, 12:35 PM   #5

There are plenty of sites about RVing, and about all sizes of RVs, I think it is better to keep it the way it is. That is what makes this one special.
Happy Trails, Penny, TX
Happy Trails. Penny
lakeconroepenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:36 PM   #6
Bronze Member

Mark, you have moved ''up'' to a 30 footer , right ? I think people move up or down according to their needs.
Thanks for this site and your work ! There's obviously a small place in your heart for the classic ''b'' and owner.
I say roll 'em and see what happens, this now to include everybody . Maybe more will move down to ''b'' size
because of all the great info here !
lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Mark I'd like to see a site maybe just for B's & small C's like yours. We don't really need another Class A, 5th wheel or travel trailer forum. Plenty of those to go around, isn't there?

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #8

I voted to keep it limited to Class B, but would be happy to have a Class B topic within a larger group.

If we need to expand to keep the site viable (and retain whoever is maintaining it), then I'd switch my vote.

I wish there had been an intermediate choice that could have reflected this kind of more nuanced response.

As a newcomer, I'm grateful for having had the Class B Forum over the past few months, and hope it will continue in some way.
jlmccarthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobojay
............ We don't really need another Class A, 5th wheel or travel trailer forum. Plenty of those to go around, isn't there?
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VernM
..... Quality beats quantiity every time..........
Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmccarthy
..................If we need to expand to keep the site viable ............
No, there's no real need. The site is easy to maintain.

----------------------------------------------------------

The majority of members so far would like to keep this site's focus on Class B's and I'm happy doing that.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #10

Given the 2 choices on the poll, I voted to remain "B" only. But I would be open to making it some sort of "small camping rig" forum. Not sure how this would be delineated, since we all have our idea of small, but small trailers, like the Scamp/Casita type, and small class C's have many of the same concerns and issues. On the other hand, remaining B only makes this a special spot on the web.
Anyway, thanks for maintaining this forum.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo
Expand or stay as Class B?

Should we include other RV classes or keep it as it is?
Stay class b please keep it as it is.
rephil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #12

"But I would be open to making it some sort of "small camping rig" forum. Not sure how this would be delineated, since we all have our idea of small, but small trailers, like the Scamp/Casita type, and small class C's have many of the same concerns and issues. On the other hand, remaining B only makes this a special spot on the web." [/quote] >>>

There are plenty for the small trailers, i.e: Tinytrailers, Teardroptrailers, fiberglassrv, Casita site, Scamp site, Trillium and Boler sites, etc.
Then there are the Toyota MH and Nissan MH sites for the small Class C's.
Just my tuppence, (2 cents in Brit), Penny, TX
Happy Trails. Penny
lakeconroepenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:33 PM   #13
Bronze Member

Hi Marko. I voted to keep our class B forum as is once I read that you dont have to increase numbers to keep the website viable. I strongly feel that the B people fall into a very special group that are kind,friendly and helpfull to one another. Sort of like what motorcycle riders were back in the 60`s and the custom van clubs of the 70`s. I wave to other B`s and the wave to me. B owners will come over to say hello in a parking lot and ask to look at your B, then offer to show you the new counter top they just installed in theirs. I think the B is the motorhome of the future and will become even more popular as time goes on. I have googled for class B or campervan clubs in my area, (Mission B.C.) but did not come across any so far. I think Class B clubs would help promote the B and bring current B owners togeather. The B is so versitile that there is no reason not to use it 12 months of the year. There are some members and Marko who do their best to keep this great website running and the rest of us (me too, me too) can attemp to start adding our weekend camping trips and pictures to the site and contribute a little more. A section on members fafourite camp grounds,Provincial and State Parks and boondocking areas would be great. also there a many people out there who own an older B who need to be recruited. I have to learn to post pictures to the site so i can add the many camping files I have . All B camping in B.C and U.S. including boondocking on 2nd ave in downtown Vancouver. Keep up the good work Marko.
abacusblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 03:35 AM   #14

I would like to see the ClaseB site look more like the site that I'm used to. Take a look at FiberglassRV.com. I'm looking to move into a ClassB from a 13 foot scamp. I like the features that FiberglassRV has and would like to see those same features here as a noobie to the Class B.
dsheets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #15

I don't post enough to have a relevant opinion, but... Class B is what the site is and what it should be. There's enough of a cross-over of topics for a TT guy like myself to come here and talk about cleaning products or generators. I don't see any sense in diluting the Class B focus of the site, especially considering the name.
BungeeII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:35 PM   #16

I joined this forum because I'm interested in Class B's. I belong to other RV/camping/travel forums but this forum has more information geared to Class Bs. Please leave it as it is.
born2camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:30 PM   #17
Platinum Member

I also go along with keeping it status quo - to open it might get us away from our intent....info on our B's. I can't see a fellow camper with an A coming here and asking how to work on his Onan 4000W generator/hydraulic levelers or something like that. Safe travels.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:36 AM   #18
Silver Member

I vote to stay as we have it. Mark you do a great job in keeping it real for us! As has been said, there are other forums which have the different size RV's , but, you have made this "special" just for the "B's". We can all relate to each other and it doesn't matter if you own a PW, RT, Vista Cruiser,etc. Keep it a B forum, please Mark.
2003 FORD EXCEL-RD (#3)
HAVE PLEASURE-WAY, WILL TRAVEL!
Bobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:15 PM   #19
Platinum Member

94% want this remain forum to focused on Class B's I think that is fantastic. Class B's are great. Class B owners are resourceful, inventive, practical and they know what is important to them.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #20
Silver Member

I like to see it stay "Class B" but it might be good to add a category for other RVs because some people have an B along with something else or have moved up. This would be a good way to include others in the forum.
Pete
pete is offline   Reply With Quote