Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2020, 06:23 PM   #1

Smile Stuck Macerator Hose

I am brandy new to a Class B camping--took the 2011 Sprinter Roadtrek for an overnight trial run and most things went well. Went to the dump station and my green hose would not extend beyond 12 inches or so. A seasoned camper tried to help but only agreed that the hose was stuck. We tried to cheat and stick the short nozzle over the tank but nothing came out. We took a couple showers and used a fair amount of water in the test run. Appreciate any suggestions: is this an easy fix if I elevate it a bit or do i need to visit the expensive dealer in Syracuse NY?

Separately, if someone knows of a local mechanic is Syracuse, that would also be greatly appreciated.
Bill Kimball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 12:58 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Kimball View Post
I am brandy new to a Class B camping--took the 2011 Sprinter Roadtrek for an overnight trial run and most things went well. Went to the dump station and my green hose would not extend beyond 12 inches or so. A seasoned camper tried to help but only agreed that the hose was stuck. We tried to cheat and stick the short nozzle over the tank but nothing came out. We took a couple showers and used a fair amount of water in the test run. Appreciate any suggestions: is this an easy fix if I elevate it a bit or do i need to visit the expensive dealer in Syracuse NY?

Separately, if someone knows of a local mechanic is Syracuse, that would also be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum Bill!

Wish your first post was under better circumstances, but finding problems are what shake-downs are for. I don't have Sprinter Roadtrek, so I'll have to leave the assistance to others here.

But for clarification, you model has a hose reel? And just becuase you hear the macerator pump spinning, doesn't mean it is pumping. From experience I can tell you the rubber impellar inside can go bad. But more common is for the pump motor to jam and blow fuses until it is manually spun to free it up.

When you get it working, you will enjoy the macerator pump.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 12:52 PM   #3

Thanks for the words of encouragement rowiebowie. Fingers crossed i can get on the road soon. Surprised to see how busy repair shops are. But will keep swinging.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:12 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Hi Bill,
I have a 2008 Roadtrek Adventurous. Same hose set-up as yours, had the same problem. Here are a couple of links:

https://rvlifestyle.com/replacing-green-hose-sprinter/

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B003DIU4...roduct_details

The first one is a good "how-to" and the second one is for the Thetford hose. The new hose is very flexible and therefore, IMHO, superior to the OEM hose. The project takes about an hour, and very few tools. Thetford ships the hose with a coupling, so there's nothing else to buy except a hose clamp. I got away with having to jack up only the right back wheel. Good luck.
david@davidfischer.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:01 PM   #5
Bronze Member

I have a Agile ss. Silly questions. First there is a valve at the end of the hose. Is it turned to flow? Next there are a gray and black pull Handel.. You pull the black first and dump then push closed and pull gray to dump gray.. Lastly there is a pill to clear the masorator. Pull it back and foth to clear blockage.. Hope it helps

QUOTE=Bill Kimball;119262]I am brandy new to a Class B camping--took the 2011 Sprinter Roadtrek for an overnight trial run and most things went well. Went to the dump station and my green hose would not extend beyond 12 inches or so. A seasoned camper tried to help but only agreed that the hose was stuck. We tried to cheat and stick the short nozzle over the tank but nothing came out. We took a couple showers and used a fair amount of water in the test run. Appreciate any suggestions: is this an easy fix if I elevate it a bit or do i need to visit the expensive dealer in Syracuse NY?

Separately, if someone knows of a local mechanic is Syracuse, that would also be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]
David Pouliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 12:42 PM   #6

Thanks for the reply. It turns out the hose was extra long and had been shoved into the compartment. And my macerator has died, so it was doubly crippled. The dealer removed some 6 feet and replaced the macerator. $700 later, I am in good shape.

Tags
mechanic, stuck hose