Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2021, 02:04 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Default 1998 dodge b3500 JUST BOUGHT NEW TIRES!!!

It was time. Old ones were 7 year old lt245-75-16 general Grabber AT-2. Looked around all winter and finally pulled the plug on the new NOKIAN ONE HT. One month ago they would have cost about $1050. But last week,there was a $50 rebate on set of 4. Also last week,got a Kal-tire coupon for free installation. Good to go,right? Took van to shop and whent home for nap, half hour later,they phoned me and asked if I had a "spare key?" Yup, the tech did a boo-boo. Go back,unlocked truck and sat outside. After install they did a few frontend and alignment check. They were surprised,it was all good. Then came the time to pay the piper. The management were apologizes all over the place about the key issues and said" we are gonna take a little more off,because of our mistake. Mount, balance,road hazard ect...out the door...$717.00!!! WOW. These new tires look great,and have a kevlar like wrap on sidewalls and tread. My camping seāson has started off great! I will keep y'all posted on how the tires perform. Cheers!
Frumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 03:08 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Score!
Old 03-21-2021, 10:32 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Have put about 50 miles on these new Nokian's. They roll real nice and quiet!
Old 04-29-2021, 05:18 PM   #4
Bronze Member

Just a quick update on the tires,I love them. Very quiet, great road feel. Have only done 1000k so far on dry highway and 10% of that was gravel. Seem a little soft on a hard highway turn,but other than that...oh ya, the stone ejectors work fantastic, no more rock being thrown at the wheel wells after leaving a gravel road, they are almost gone as soon as the pavement begins. Cheers!