Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2023, 05:32 PM   #21
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by otr View Post
Interesting on the 2000'ish Dodges, my mechanic does not really like Dodges for electrical reasons, I have replaced the ECM twice, some weird issues, when we bought our 2000 RT 190 v it would not go into overdrive, ECM fixed that, then a couple of years later something else in the ECM failed amd the van died along I91, a great mechanic diagnosed that it (the ECM)was not sending out a 5v signal to let the engine know it was ok to run.
He was able to bypass the ECM and send a 5 v signal from a USB cigarette lighter adapter to the place looking for 5v on the engine.
I always carry an extra ECM.

In terms of the water, make sure you use a pressure regulator on city water supply.!

Hi there.

Thank you for the reply.

It's funny you mention your mechanic not liking Dodges as that's what I was told by mine too.

Honestly I preferred the Chevy chassis RT but after 6 weeks or so of looking at ads everywhere in the USA, I only saw a couple of Chevy's. Everything was Dodge it seems.

The most popular in my price range and years (which was late 90s, early 2000s) was the Dodge 190 Popular. (no pun lol).

I'll definitely use a pressure regulator. It's on my Class c and was too lazy to remove it to test the RT water.
JeffGalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 02:31 PM   #22
Bronze Member

look inside the female connector on the RT....the place where you connect your hose to the vehicle. You can replace that rubber washer. Good luck.
SQUASHMIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 02:48 PM   #23
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUASHMIRE View Post
look inside the female connector on the RT....the place where you connect your hose to the vehicle. You can replace that rubber washer. Good luck.
Ok thank you much.
I looked up in there with my camera and only see a hard plastic circular piece like here in the pic.

Maybe there's no washer I have the rv tech guy coming today for my very hot converter to replace it so I'll have him look.

Thx much. Jeff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20230925_074404.jpg (222.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 09-25-2023, 04:02 PM   #24
Bronze Member

the outer, darker circular piece can be plucked out of there with a bent paperclip, paint can opener, or whatever. to visualize more easily you could just disconnect the whole fitting so you can look straight into the open end; that is likely what I would do just in case there is some other thing that i might not otherwise notice contributing to the lack of seal. i also want to encourage you to tackle that task before the RV tech shows up...the tech can always take over if you run into some problem. and the more you do yourself the better you might like being a RT owner.
SQUASHMIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 04:45 PM   #25
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQUASHMIRE View Post
the outer, darker circular piece can be plucked out of there with a bent paperclip, paint can opener, or whatever. to visualize more easily you could just disconnect the whole fitting so you can look straight into the open end; that is likely what I would do just in case there is some other thing that i might not otherwise notice contributing to the lack of seal. i also want to encourage you to tackle that task before the RV tech shows up...the tech can always take over if you run into some problem. and the more you do yourself the better you might like being a RT owner.
Thank you much.

Yes you are right about doing it myself, I try to do it all myself to a point.

I'm the kind that needs to be shown how to do it then after that it's a breeze but usually not so easy for me on my own but I've gotten better 😉