Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2023, 07:20 PM   #1

Default 2000 Roadtrek 190 vs 1990’s model

Hello guys!

I recently came upon a 10k$ 2000 roadtrek w/o gen, shower, or house AC. Base model really.

I’ve heard of the 90’s models running forever and turning over when it comes to mileage. I’m not a car guy or too knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff so I figured I’d ask the pros!

Are the 2000’s models worth it comparatively when it comes to the older models? I also like the ford coachman 90’s models — I have driven a 92’ coachman econoline across country and loved the setup/space and ease of repair considering the chassis is highly available and known. I’ve also heard these turn over and run for 1,000,000 miles.

Is this true? Anything I should be concerned with when it comes to the 2000 roadtrek 190? I think it’s a Chevy chassis, but I could be mistaken.
Sipsomesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 05:42 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Without generator, shower, or house A/C I’d walk. Depends how you intend to use it.

Driving cross country in the summer I like to pull over, start the generator and A/C and take a nap. You can do without the shower but I have used it.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 04:43 PM   #3

Yeah — I could see that. How about the mechanical aspect?

Is the chassis of the 2000’s models as reliable as the old asf 90’s one’s? The gennie & AC are really good to have, but….the leisure battery should be good enough for an exhaust + windows open. Lol
Sipsomesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 07:59 PM   #4
Platinum Member

You might get some response if you divulge whether it is Dodge or Chevy.
Old 07-05-2023, 09:48 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
Without generator, shower, or house A/C I’d walk.
Ours has none of those and that's one of the reasons we wanted it. Generator - a noisy monster that ticks other campers off. Shower - takes up too much interior space. Only used for a few minutes a day, if even that. Not worth losing all that valuable interior room. House A/C - see "generator".. same awful problems.
N147JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 10:38 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Each to his own. Shower takes no space in a Roadtrek.
Old 07-06-2023, 02:05 AM   #7
otr
Gold Member

We have a 2000 190V, has a generator, we added 200 watts of solar and two 6v batteries, literally never used the generator, shower, never used it, seems like a great device to grow great mold in a box of formica surfaces, AC? we used the van to attend a friends wedding, that was great! connected to shore power, but our trips are to New England and the Maritimes, so for the most part it is cool in July!
If it is a Dodge.....do not be surprised by failed ECM's, the primitive black box computer which runs the engine, transmission and other related components. When we bought our van the overdrive wiould not work, replacement ecm got us right up to speed.

If you buy it and need an ECM replacement, take a bunch of photos of the original ECM especially all numbers and bar codes. This really helped when it went out for a second time and the original had been sent in as a "core"
otr is offline   Reply With Quote