Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-10-2021, 11:11 PM   #1
Lou
Platinum Member

Default 4 seats that turn into twin beds

Does anyone know of a type of camper van that has 4 front seats AND they turn into 2 twin beds (with another 2 person bed too)?

Our daughter and her husband are considering their options (trailer, van). She reminded me that when we were looking for our first RV we saw several vans of that type.

**One of the problems is finding something safe for 2 forward facing car seats for the kids. Our Pleasure-Way is good for booster seats and backwards facing car seats but has no safe tether (attached to frame) for forward facing seats. Our daughter takes child car seat safety seriously (as she should) and British Columbia has strict rules.
Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 11:22 PM   #2
Platinum Member

older Roadtrek popular and versatile models may have convertible seats ( to beds)

as did the Winnebago Rialta ( VW) on 1 or 2 of the 4 floorplans available

some roadtrek models of about 2015 had falsified compliance certs for the additional seating- watch out !

some campers carry a tent for the kids if they have a model which does have compliant extra passenger seating- depends on the age of the kids I suppose

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 03:39 PM   #3
Gold Member

I don't know about whether these have enough seat width for two car seats or how well they are anchored but they may want to consider a pop-top with jump seats, like Winnebago Solis or Thor Sequence/Tellaro.
Old 08-15-2021, 11:01 PM   #4

Some of Roadtrek's Adventurous models have this as an option. I believe it is the RS and the TS Adventurous versions. I have a CS Adv. and it has only one second row seat, therefore only one spot for a single bed. The RS and TS have two second row seats allowing for two singles. There is a double bed (they call it kingsize) in the rear.
ranczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 10:59 PM   #5
Bronze Member

My 2006 roadtrek adventurous 2500 has 4 captains chairs. They convert to 2 beds, although not as large as a twin. It also has a California king bed in the rear.
shelw is offline   Reply With Quote