Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2020, 06:05 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Blind Spot Detection system

So, I am starting to see some aftermarket blind spot detection systems out there. I'm not sure how new these are? And, I'm wondering if anybody has installed one of them.?
After looking at the systems I don't think that it's something that I could install. So, I'm wondering who you might get to install it.?? From the instructions it looks like it has to go into the turn signals, and it needs to pick up you shifting into reverse so that the rear cross traffic would work thing? It says that it hooks into the OBD 2 system..... Maybe it picks up all that information from their? And of course it needs power from somewhere.
Anyway, any thoughts and/or experience would be helpful.
Thanks
Michael
here is one that i looked at
https://rvblindspot.com/pages/rv-blind-spot-motorhomes
mangomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 05:44 AM   #2
Gold Member

Very cool! Installers are listed on their site here https://rvblindspot.com/pages/dealers
bumpersignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:06 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Anybody have thoughts about Best Buy ,,,,,,as it relates to this kind of install.
I know they do back up cameras and sound systems ???
Thanks
M
mangomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 02:08 PM   #4
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangomike View Post
Anybody have thoughts about Best Buy ,,,,,,as it relates to this kind of install.
I know they do back up cameras and sound systems ???
Thanks
M
I had Best Buy do installation of rear camera and backup sensors for my kid’a Toyota. It was an aftermarket kit that I didn’t even buy from Best Buy. They did a fantastic job. The my had to drill holes in the bumper to install the sensors and it looked as good as can be expected. Would definitely consider them doing it
bumpersignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2020, 04:39 PM   #5
Platinum Member

While I'd love to have a blindspot warning system like I've enjoyed on recent model rental cars, on my Sprinter I added smallish convex mirrors on each side mirror.

I'm a devoted mirror watcher, especially when planning a lane change.

Even so, almost side-swiping a Honda Fit that snuck in next to me on the right hand side motivated me to add the additional round mirrors. I can see everything the entire length of the van on both sides now.
rvsprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote