Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2020, 02:21 PM   #1

Default Does anyone make a 3 point seatbelt replacement for Axion Studio bench seat.

I'm considering purchasing an Axion Studio but want to be able to take my grandchildren on short trips. I'm wondering if there are any companies that make a replacement benchseat/bed that have 3 point seat belts.
Donjobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donjobi View Post
I'm considering purchasing an Axion Studio but want to be able to take my grandchildren on short trips. I'm wondering if there are any companies that make a replacement benchseat/bed that have 3 point seat belts.

Welcome to the forum Donjobi!

I don't know why you'd need 3-point seat belts since the Carado Axion Studio does not have a forward-facing seat for passengers. Instead the passengers are belted longitudinally on the driver-side couch that converts to a bed. Shoulder (or 3-point belts) wouldn't offer any additional protection and may actually be hazardous for side-facing passengers. But bottom line, there are no factory anchor points to use anyway.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 04:11 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Welcome to the Forums

There are "B" layouts which provide safe(r) passenger seating

be aware that these are not Federally classed as passenger vehicles ( nor are pickup trucks or SUV's) and do not have to meet the same standards as the car in your driveway.
the builder of the chassis ( ford, MB, chevy , fiat etc.) will often bring innovations from the cars to the vans- which is good.
the builder of the motorhome may or may not build with safety in mind ( even rounded corners)

the "old" roadtrek company used to do crash and rollover tests- but most manufacturers do not.
( the later owners of roadtrek- hymer north america have hundreds on vans on the road with falsified safety certificates...specifically for passenger seating... and recalls )

Not to scare you off!

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote