Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2023, 08:34 PM   #21
Site Team

Another piece of the puzzle involves county land use ordanances. To pick just one example, lots of folks dream about buying a parcel of land, adding a septic tank, and parking their RV on it as a vacation home. There are certainly places where this is possible, but many people would be very surprised how uncommon they are. This practice is prohibited by a great many county governments throughout the country, for reasons that are perhaps understandable.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 08:42 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Another piece of the puzzle involves county land use ordanances. To pick just one example, lots of folks dream about buying a parcel of land, adding a septic tank, and parking their RV on it as a vacation home. There are certainly places where this is possible, but many people would be very surprised how uncommon they are. This practice is prohibited by a great many county governments throughout the country, for reasons that are perhaps understandable.

And now include the protected wetland rules of no building, buffer strips, no dredging or filling, etc. We have about 3/4 acre of that here. It is actually pretty nice, though as all the houses around the wetland own part if it so we have probably 5-10 acres in the middle between us all that is permanently ruled to have to stay wild.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 04:25 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Yep, and neighborhood covenants from when the area was built may or may not be enforced.

I had 5 acres 25 miles from hartfieild international airport was planning to develop. I did know about the county rules ( they referred to it as protective covenant) going in like no live stock chickens cattle ect. certain outside house colors prohibited ect.
I decided to leave Atlanta area for many reasons came out good on the real estate sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
The city you live in is essentially an HOA with many rules.exactly but the call it something elseWhen it snows they hold you responsible if you don't shovel the public sidewalk in front of your house. When snow plowing the streets you can only park on one side of the street. In this modern day and age most homes have two cars in a old city plat neighborhood. Some people don't like the restrictions that are in the news right now. That's Minneapolis. In Stillwater, MN a neighborhood in the city (not an HOA) objected to a house design in the neighborhood that they said was too big for the neighborhood. The city backed the neighborhood. Of course every city provides services. Dues are just taxes in this case. You don't have the freedom to make all your choices.
I personally still enjoy mowing the lawn on my riding snapper however I only edge couple times a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
And now include the protected wetland rules of no building, buffer strips, no dredging or filling, etc. We have about 3/4 acre of that here. It is actually pretty nice, though as all the houses around the wetland own part if it so we have probably 5-10 acres in the middle between us all that is permanently ruled to have to stay wild.
yes the adjacent property owner has cleared the 100' of wetlands from there back yard and have setup a brick fire pit, Bar B grill patio furniture ect. they entertain back there.it was a jungle back there I couldn't be out there for 5 minutes the insects would eat me alive.

this wetland is suposed to be untouched according to HOA rules-regs so far the Karens haven't snitched proballey BC these ppl have lemon & orange,cumcwhat trees and pick an give most of it away.

I personally dislike the time the man picks the fruit early in the morning I get a wakeup call of fruit hitting a bucket gotta be a rule of times to pick fruit.

here's a conversion van which is technically prohibited, it's always on the driveway.
here's a real RV on a very short driveway, doubt it fit's inside the garage.

the other silver 24' benz sprinter is believed to be left overnight at the golf clubs parking lot further investigationneeded not that I'm cruising around the neighborhood looking for RVs. remember my van is stashed way in back.
next visit is mid april undecided if I take the car or van if I choose van plan to hang a tarp to block view of van.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kelly real RV short driveway.jpg (240.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg kelly real RV short driveway2.jpg (293.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg conversion van kelly.jpg (297.4 KB, 5 views)
Old 03-13-2023, 05:16 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Here's my solution. Another HOA garage with community wash stall, water, dump station, bathroom, WiFi, and trash pickup. Since I bought it, I've installed a wood shop and stored everything that could clutter my house. It's heated and I installed 30 amp electric.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg RV Storage Front (1).jpeg (173.0 KB, 2 views)
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote