Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-01-2023, 12:20 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default HOA is now saying my van is a camper van & not allowed

HOA home owners assocation is now saying my van is a camper van
When I come to Florida on none expedition fishing trips, I usually stay at families house but still prefer to travel in the van compared to the car.
This hoa is anal but will allow me to park tow vehicle (SUV) an vessel at the club house tennis courts area just so it’s moved before 8am.the smaller homes are well over 2mill. Bayfront mansions skys the limit.

Now there saying the van is a camper van which is only allowed for 24 hours. I think someone saw me washing the van earlier today (BTW the preasure washer removed the mold on roof so I’m ready to wax roof), your not allowed to wash a car on you’r own property. I had van kindof stashed behind garage but still visable from street (if you really bend the neck to see check up).
Anyway there threathening a $100. fine for each day the vans parked here at the house they just add that to the dues.

Weird I parked in fronts circlur driveway for first 3 days no complaints, 4th day w/ van stashed in back they complain.
Presonalley I think these hoa ppl are wacked but they set the rules.

Edit: I’m actuelly planning to remove the roofs AC maybe after that they will consider it a regular van which BTW isn’t allowed either.

I guess for this trip I may have to leave van at tennis courts but that ruins my sleepin time plus it’s a mile away.

wonder if I had a $200K benz camper would there be complaints. my van still looks nice.
last 3week visit for Christmas no complaint