Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2015, 12:20 PM   #141
Platinum Member

Default Re: Roadtrek Zion - Promaster based Class B Motorhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin
Quote:
Originally Posted by booster
Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo
Are there any Roadtrek Zions on dealer lots? It would be nice to see some photos of final production units on dealer lots.
Lake Regions RV says they have 3 on order, and at the show they said they were getting them with rear sofa, not the open aisle, but they aren't received yet.

That is where I noticed the wrong torque spec, on the listing on the Lake Regions site, and then I confirmed it was also on the Roadtrek site. Would be nice if it was 360 ft-lb
Looks like they need a new proofreader.

Did you mention the error to Dale? I knew that Lake Region was getting 3, but didn't know that they were all rear sofa. Ugh... don't really care for that option at all and was hoping to see the new set up with all the great storage. Seems that most of the major B dealers have three on order. I wonder when they might start arriving.
I just saw the error yesterday when I was looking at the Lake Regions site, so Dale doesn't know about it. The comment at the show about the rear sofas was just in passing, with the sales guy saying something like "the ones we have on order will have the rear sofa". He didn't specifically say all of them would be that way, but I got that impression. Didn't think to ask when they would get them.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:13 PM   #142

I saw it at an RV show. I didn't like the cabinetry as it seemed seriously cheap to me. Also would like one side to be clear and didn't like that one cabinet going over the passenger side sofa. But it seems all the Roadtreks I saw had this. I'd want that cabinet gone. Like the PW Lexor.

Still am more interested in the Travato 59k but wish it had a bigger fridge.
meagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:10 PM   #143
Platinum Member

Fretz has 63 pictures of a Zion. it is one on their lot. first one i've seen

http://www.fretzrv.com/Page.aspx/diid/8 ... -Zion.aspx
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 05:48 PM   #144
Platinum Member

Nice find Gerry

Shore power inlet and city water inlet appear to be on the rear of the van below the height of the bumper. The price sheet has "rental" written on it I think so maybe a chance that retail units will differ.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:56 PM   #145
Platinum Member

Thanks, Gerry, those were interesting.

The price sheet mentions screens for the side & rear door. I didn't see a place to zip one into the rear door opening, maybe they just fit over the windows?

They really need to find a better place to stow that table top. Even more so if it's a rental .
Old 04-12-2015, 07:22 PM   #146
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon
Thanks, Gerry, those were interesting.

The price sheet mentions screens for the side & rear door. I didn't see a place to zip one into the rear door opening, maybe they just fit over the windows?

They really need to find a better place to stow that table top. Even more so if it's a rental .

i ordered the screen package- i am not sure how they work on the zion. have looked at aftermarkert screen packages for promaster some use velcros,some use zipper-we;ll see. I ordered it because it was available option- i got practically every one. no tire carrier though because i switched to engine generator and tire under the van-got everything else except for the 2 power steps for the front doors. i figured 2 more things to go wrongs es

as far as the table-i;ll see-in some way's it makes sense as long as not showering we will see
Old 04-12-2015, 08:51 PM   #147
Platinum Member

That's a nice big kitchen sink. Do you think any other Class B has one as big?
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:01 PM   #148
Platinum Member

Is the sink big, or the countertop small? Looks like the same sink as in the 59k, but without the accessories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #149
Platinum Member

They sure have been going to less and less counter space lately, I would agree. In our 07 Roadtrek, they turn the stove 90* and put it up against the right side wall, and put the sink right up next to it, so we have counterspace clear larger than the stove area.

Looking at the bathroom, and table, I am surprised they didn't take from their own book and turn the toilet a little bit like in the 210 Chevy. I think it would make it much more usable.

Good find, nice to see lots of details for a change, although surprised they didn't show the dual dump.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:20 PM   #150
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster
They sure have been going to less and less counter space lately, I would agree. In our 07 Roadtrek, they turn the stove 90* and put it up against the right side wall, and put the sink right up next to it, so we have counterspace clear larger than the stove area.

Looking at the bathroom, and table, I am surprised they didn't take from their own book and turn the toilet a little bit like in the 210 Chevy. I think it would make it much more usable.

Good find, nice to see lots of details for a change, although surprised they didn't show the dual dump.

Booster-the dual dump might be a big thing to us-not so much with the average purchaser.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:42 PM   #151
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
Booster-the dual dump might be a big thing to us-not so much with the average purchaser.
That most certainly could be true! Of course, the first time the pump fails, they will be converts
Old 04-18-2015, 01:59 AM   #152
Platinum Member

The Zion has a good plan generally. The galley is finally on the right side of the ship so you can look out at your campsite and not the neighbours sewer line and plugs. The bed, when down might hinder getting up at night for wee-time. We use ours as singles which obviates crawling over your partner a problem even with corner bed C class rigs. I like the quality overall and the fridge is a good size. The wet bath is a bit limited and the sink should fold down or slide inwards. There isn't much room from the window side to the door so I don't know if that is a good thing or not. Ours isn't huge but we have a sink and vanity and still can shower ok--I am 6ft1ins 180lbs(of muscles of course). Quite a good effort though.
Fastpaddler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 03:15 AM   #153
Bronze Member

Congratulations on the new Zion fastpaddler1. I'm about to order one myself. I agree, not perfect however the Zion is a good floor plan for most needs. Did you order the cherry cabinets, or the white..?
rclemins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 02:14 PM   #154
Platinum Member

I ordered cherry cabinets/faux leather/engine generator/solar panels/screen package/ tv package/sandstone exterior.

i don't know what fastpaddler has
Old 04-18-2015, 05:24 PM   #155
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
I ordered cherry cabinets/faux leather/engine generator/solar panels/screen package/ tv package/sandstone exterior.

i don't know what fastpaddler has
Have you got a delivery date yet? or a serial no?

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:40 PM   #156
Platinum Member

i was told mid to late may(originally late april early may). what can i say i placed my order around Feb. 1
Old 04-18-2015, 06:54 PM   #157
Platinum Member

Very excited for you. Where is your first trip?
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:10 PM   #158
Platinum Member

To those who have ordered the Zion, what made you choose it over the Travato? There appears to be about $15K difference in market price. One of my priorities is a bath which I can take a shower in. Both Travato models have that. I can't tell how big the Zion bath is. It's hard to tell form the floorplan and I haven't seen one in person. I don't need huge just usable. Is it the same size as the current Sprinter based Roadtreks a those were too small. I was hoping for bigger.

It's only me and and 8 lbs dog so I value floor space over storage.

The Travato 59K has some nice additional features like the solar panel and truma WH. Not crazy about the size of the fridge or the location but I hink it's doable. I think the 59G is too crowded up front with additional seat by the sliding door. But the bathroom and bed are fine. The addditional room with the flip up bed is great.

I do like the table options on the Zion. Did you go for the rear couch option?
tbirdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:23 PM   #159
Platinum Member

i like the 59k-but i liked the zion better. price was not the driving factor.

having had some rv experience over the years i knew things i wanted and did not want.

I did not want an onan. I like the roadtrek engine generator system and inverter system.
i wanted a compressor fridge.
1 wanted a van that looked as -stealthy as possible-with the things i wanted. I wanted a spare tire but i did not want it on the back.

I wanted a van that i could take the 2 cats and have an easier way to keep keep in back section while moving. the way the zions cabinets and beds are located using a vinyl lattice solves thet for me.

if i was not getting the zion i would be getting a roadtrek ranger with engine generator. the third choice would be the travato 59k.

you are by yourself-i have a wife i need to keep happy

ps the side rear couch is standard. you have one side fixed twin-the other side can be made twin or full king
Old 04-18-2015, 07:24 PM   #160
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanw909
Very excited for you. Where is your first trip?
we have a 10 year plan. many ideas but no set until we get the van and acclimate our 2 cats to it. I hope