Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2021, 05:33 PM   #1

Default Trailer Hitch for 1994 Pleasure Way MPL on Dodge 350 chassis

I am looking to add a receiver/hitch to my 1994 Pleasure Way - Dodge B350 chassis. This unit has the rear under floor trunk in the usual spare tire location with the standard chrome rear bumper.

I have searched on line and on this forum without success. In looking under the vehicle it seems to me that a hitch will need to have the draw bar portion of the hitch swept rearward from the frame mounts in order to clear the rear corners of the trunk unit. One hitch that may work is the Draw Tite 75140. I have not been able to confirm that however.

I would appreciate hearing from current or past Pleasure Way owners who had an aftermarket hitch installed that cleared the trunk unit.

Thanks for your help.
alpitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 04:02 PM   #2
Platinum Member

The guys at Etrailer might be able to ID that for you..
Old 10-24-2021, 06:03 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Two years ago I ordered from etrailer a 2" hit for my 2002 Dodge 3500 Roadtrek 190 P. and my two sons installed it with little effort. It bolted up easily. My Dodge has the spare tire and chrome bumper in the typical place. Before getting this hitch I ordered one from Amazon and it would not fit, was actually for a Hyundai!
All the best, safe travels.
Steve
sehsteve@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 06:58 PM   #4

From what I saw on etrailer they were advising folks to use some sort of universal/adjustable hitch for the Dodge application. sehsteve, do you recall which make and model of hitch you installed?

What complicates my installation is the underfloor trunk that hangs down about 5 1/2 inches below the frame rail. The hitch drawbar has to extend rearward sufficiently to clear the corners of this trunk.

Neither Pleasure Way nor the local dealer were any help. There may be a Curt application that will work. Thanks for the responses.
Old 10-24-2021, 07:31 PM   #5
Bronze Member

WEll I am not exactly sure what I bought because I cannot find my earlier order on their website. Here is what I think it was. Class III Max-Frame Trailer Hitch Receiver - 75140.
My van is currently in the shop as the carrier bearing/cluster is bad, maybe the gears too. SAD. When I get it back I can look at the hitch itself and verify. I have looked at a few photos of the '94 Pleasureways and from what I can see the bumper and all look like what my Dodge is, I just don't know about your "trunk." I did find etrailer customer service excellent. When I get my van back I can take photos and send if that helps.
s
sehsteve@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 10:53 PM   #6

That number 75140 is Draw-Tite. Curt one is 13015, which I just picked up. I saw a pic of it installed on You Tube. A copy of yours perhaps. Hopefully it will stop raining soon. Big storm approaching. Maybe in a few days I can see if it will fit.

Thanks for your help.

PS: If you have the one ton Dodge (not the Dana) rear axle, rear end whine is quite common. Bearings yup.