Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2021, 07:32 PM   #1

Default Water on floor after rain

We have a 2002 Roadtrek 200, and after each rain we find water pooled on the floor which seems to be coming from the floor under the sink where the hot water tank sits. Does anybody have this problem or ideas?
Linda Whinnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:36 PM   #2
Gold Member

Any luck? Let me know when you figure it out! I’m getting a few mystery puddles there myself. It doesn’t seem to be coming from above. 98C200V
KaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 05:42 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I don't have a Roadtrek but that is about the same location I had a leak and it was the fan overhead.
Lennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 04:45 PM   #4

On my Mercedes Roadtrek there was leak from broken drain vent pipe where it protruded through the roof. Likely a rare occurrence but a possibility.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 06:06 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
On my Mercedes Roadtrek there was leak from broken drain vent pipe where it protruded through the roof. Likely a rare occurrence but a possibility.
Similar thing happened in our old Airstream Interstate (from day 1). Turned out that somebody never tightened the hose clamp on the vent tube.

You should note that water can run a LONG distance through the insulation behind the walls. Don't assume that the leak is necessarily near the puddle.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 06:50 PM   #6

From 2001 Leisure Travel owner:
The carpet behind driver's seat was getting wet over wet fall/winter weather. Cause turned out to be caulking above driver's side where roof line meets original gutter line. After digging out ALL the old mixed sealants and recaulking with PRO Flex, it is fine now.
Also, to note, when van was parked on a slight forward, and lean to left driveway, the same leak appeared from plastic moulding finishing near front window. Water leaks, as pointed out, are very tricky to locate when they are behind linings.
jschurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:14 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Water leaks have the ability to run quite a distance from where they actually start. Gravity is not always your friend. The water can be accumulating in the ‘low’ spot. I have chased more water leaks in many things (buildings, vehicles, plumbing) over the years and they have an uncanny ability to be many feet from the initial problem point. Usually quick to fix once you find the origin but the origin can be quite elusive at times. I have found water running/dripping 100 feet from start when it decides to run along a downward sloping pipe in a wall cavity. Water will run along frame members, drip onto a pipe and run to a downward spot then onto the floor. I have seen insulation wick it to several feet away from origin in a van from a roof seam leak - so it can be a drawn out process of trial and error to ultimately solve the issue.
Formerly - 2007 Pleasure Way Plateau (06 Sprinter T1N), 1992 VW Eurovan Westfalia Hightop
Long ago - 1969 VW Westfalia & 1973 GMC Motorhome
ks@yvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 01:04 AM   #8

I have a 2000 Roadtrek 200 V and had a similar problem. I thought it was coming from the window where the sink is (as stated earlier leaks can run a distance, but a window seemed like a likely source). I ended up getting EZE Gutters (see link) and put them on all the windows. Going on two years and lots of rain, but no leaks.

https://www.amazon.com/Esssentials-U...3353873&sr=8-3
bcurrier is offline   Reply With Quote