Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2022, 12:04 AM   #101

Thanks so much for this Michael. My water pump in my 2019 Crossfit has stopped working and I have been trying to find where it is located. You solved the puzzle for me as it shows that it is under the sink on the Coachmen site.
I found the access door and can see the water pump, but I'm not sure how to get to it. It looks like maybe I have to take off the access panel under and in front of the sofa?

Thanks again for your invaluable information.
robyn4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 03:33 PM   #102
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robyn4321 View Post
Thanks so much for this Michael. My water pump in my 2019 Crossfit has stopped working and I have been trying to find where it is located. You solved the puzzle for me as it shows that it is under the sink on the Coachmen site.
I found the access door and can see the water pump, but I'm not sure how to get to it. It looks like maybe I have to take off the access panel under and in front of the sofa?

Thanks again for your invaluable information.
Which model do you have? If it's the 22C with the fold-down sofa/bed, then the pump should be under the sofa/bed on the drivers side of the fresh water tank. To reach it, you'll have to remove the bottom cushion of the sofa/bed. Removing the vertical panel under the front of the sofa will not get you to the pump.

If you have a 22D or RB model, then I'm not sure where it would be.
Old 02-15-2022, 03:54 PM   #103

Thanks again. We have a 22C.

I don’t know how to remove the cushion but I’ll take a look.

I’m a 75 year old lady and trying to get it accessible for an RV repair person to look at it tomorrow. We’ve had it for about 2 1/2 years and always keep it heated. It just quit all of a sudden. The fresh water level shows 2/3 full. Could the sensor be wrong and it won’t come on because it is empty?

Thanks so much for your help.
Old 02-15-2022, 08:32 PM   #104
Platinum Member

Quote:
Thanks again. We have a 22C.

I don’t know how to remove the cushion but I’ll take a look.

I’m a 75 year old lady and trying to get it accessible for an RV repair person to look at it tomorrow. We’ve had it for about 2 1/2 years and always keep it heated. It just quit all of a sudden. The fresh water level shows 2/3 full. Could the sensor be wrong and it won’t come on because it is empty?

Thanks so much for your help.
Welcome to the forum robyn!

Have you checked for blown fuse. Fuses and breakers are always the first place to look when you have something electric not working.

Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 11:02 PM   #105
Platinum Member

Quote:
...trying to get it accessible for an RV repair person to look at it tomorrow.
Yep - check the fuse first.

Let the RV repair person know that the couch seat has to come off. Odds are that they'll know how. If not, the couch cushion is held on by 4 nuts, accessible from under the cushion. Two are accessible from the back, two from the front.

You have remove the rear cosmetic panel (that hides the water tank and plumbing) and then run the couch in or out to get access to the nuts.
Old 02-16-2022, 01:10 AM   #106

Thanks again. I appreciate all the good advice and instructions.
Old 02-17-2022, 02:09 PM   #107

It was the water pump and I got it replaced yesterday. Thanks again for all the good information, especially the location of the water pump and how to remove the sofa seat. It was a bit of a challenge, but all is well now.
Old 02-17-2022, 02:41 PM   #108
Platinum Member

Quote:
It was the water pump and I got it replaced yesterday. Thanks again for all the good information, especially the location of the water pump and how to remove the sofa seat. It was a bit of a challenge, but all is well now.
Thanks for the followup.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 10:00 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Michael View Post
I have two 110AH AGM batteries and the factory 200W GoPower solar in a 2019 Crossfit/Beyond with the standard 6cu ft Nova Kool compressor fridge and propane stovetop. No inverter, no TV, no laptops - and very, very sparse power use other than the fridge. The fridge uses enough power that the 200w solar will probably not fully recharge the batteries during the day even when in full sun, so some generator or engine idling will be necessary each day.

My recent testing indicates that the 220 AH AGM battery setup will keep the fridge running overnight the first night, and the 2 x 100W OEM panels will partially charge the batteries during the next day, but on the second night the batteries will not be charged enough to keep the fridge running all night.

Hence the addition of a lithium battery (removable in winter) and recently two 110W portable solar panels. The lithium charges at a faster rate, so less idling or generator is required in poor weather or shade, and the additional solar should have capacity to fully recover the batteries in good weather.
Where did you mount your new lithium battery and how did you connect it? Did you determine that the AGMs were still ok?

We have a new (to us) 2020 Beyond model 22rb that came with the factory 200 watts of solar, the Xantrex 2000 watt inverter, and the 330 ah AGM battery pack. It also has the single "burner" induction cook top and the smaller (R3800) Nova kool compressor fridge.

But when we drove it back home from San Diego (where we bought it) to Denver this week, the one night we camped off the grid and turned on the uinduction cooktop in the morning to heat up our tea water, the battery voltage rapidly dropped to 10V and the system shut down. This after driving all day - -and after a day with total sunshine. ANd we only had the fridge on overnight -- not the Truma heater.

SO either the battery is already bad or the electrical system flat out doesn't work as it was supposed to. If this is the case, then this like-new unit already will be going up for sale. We are trying to downsize from our 2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 25FB Twin, which came with the factory oprion of 300 watts of solar on the roof -- and we never had such problems -- even when using the heater at night off the grid for several nights in a row, and with only two modest sized lead acid batteries.

We are supposed to be leaving Monday on our nearly annual early season camping trip to Yellowstone, and we need things to work!

Help!

Help!
tstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 12:17 AM   #110
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
Where did you mount your new lithium battery and how did you connect it? Did you determine that the AGMs were still ok
Based on what I know now, I think that none of the methods for charging the OEM AGM's (WFCO converter, Truck alternator) were capable of fully charging the batteries, so they were always only partially charged. That, combined with the larger fridge, meant that I'd only make it one night on AGM's.

Mine's a 'c' model with the rear sofabed. My 100Ah lithium is stuffed under the passenger-side ottoman.

Quote:
This after driving all day - -and after a day with total sunshine. ANd we only had the fridge on overnight -- not the Truma heater.
Your 300Ah should have lasted longer. Last weekend I started with full AGM's (mine has 2 x 110Ah, or 220Ah total) and made it overnight & through the next day (moderate sunshine) until about midnight the next night when I was down to 11.9v and switched over to the lithium battery. I probably could have made it another night if I wanted to fully drain the batteries.

But I have all programmable Victron charging gear now (shore power, solar, and alternator) so I'm sure that I'm starting out with fully charged batteries.

Quote:
We are trying to downsize from our 2014 Airstream Flying Cloud 25FB Twin, which came with the factory oprion of 300 watts of solar on the roof -- and we never had such problems
Did it have a compressor fridge? That alone is 50-70Ah per 24 hours. Propane fridges are misers - With me old propane fridg'd trailer, I used to go more than a week on 220Ah of battery and a 65w solar panel.

Quote:
We are supposed to be leaving Monday on our nearly annual early season camping trip to Yellowstone, and we need things to work!
Also, there are a few little things that take a bit of juice & which add up. When the propane switch is on, it takes close to 1A, which adds up over 24 hours. I flip the propane switch off if I'm conserving battery.

The TV sucks juice any time it's plugged in, as do the LED valence and 'mood' lights. (More than 1A each). On mine, the dash radio runs off the coach battery and takes (IIRC) 2A. Your inverter draws current whenever it's on, even if only idling.

Did yours come with the on-board generator? If so, you should be able to run the generator and/or the Van engine and top off the coach battery. Not ideal, but...
Old 08-22-2022, 06:32 PM   #111

Default Generator won't start!

Hi everyone,

Hope all is well. I am having some issues with the generator starting and am wondering if anyone can help.

1. I have a 2019 Crossfit 22D
2. Pressing the generator start button from the panel does not work... it cranks one time and then nothing
3. I attempted to charge for 1 full day on shore power... same thing
4. I attempted to start the engine and then start the generator... same thing
5. I then attempted to manually start the generator by going below the RV and flipping the switch by pressing down for 5 seconds, waiting for a click and then pressing up. That worked!
6. I called Coachmen customer service and explained all of this to them, and they suggested that I restart the panel. I did so by unplugging the orange cable as instructed and leaving it out for 10 seconds, and then plugging it back in. Still doesn't start from the panel.

I made a short video of the symptom and am at my wit's end. Does anybody have any ideas or clues on where I can look next to isolate the problem?

Video LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bLu...ew?usp=sharing
tingwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 10:54 PM   #112
Platinum Member

Sounds like the generator works fine, as it starts manually, so the problem must be in the display & it's software or related wiring.

I'm wondering why the whole display blanks out each time - that doesn't seem right. Almost as though it's rebooting. Notice the Temp Sensor error message?

Mine is also 2019 but has an old-fashioned mechanical switch to start the generator - no touch screen or display, so I can't tell you how it's supposed to work.
Old 05-25-2023, 03:45 AM   #113

Hi All. I'm a new 2019 Crossfit 22C owner. My rear side window treatments (the blinds) were a mess. Bunch up when put down. I believe that's not uncommon. Anyway, I called Coachmen and they've discontinued the original combo blinds/screen version YET still had a few in stock and gave me good sale price so I've just gotten 2 new full assemblies (with the frame etc.) I have been attempting to find a video or install instructions as I don't want to have to pay a boatload to an RV fix-it person when I believe I can do it myself if I can just figure out HOW. I don't want to start dismantling the current ones if I can't get the new ones in. TMI haha Anyone know? Thanks so much. I see this thread hasn't been active for quite sometime. I hope I can come now and then to ask for, or offer, some help. Thanks.
dnta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 04:27 PM   #114
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnta View Post
I have been attempting to find a video or install be instructions
If they're like mine (2019 Crossfit), the plastic corner caps pop off. Under the caps I see black Roberts head screws that appear to be what's holding the frames onto the walls

I've never taken mine apart though - so this is just a guess.
Old 06-27-2023, 01:38 AM   #115

Default 2019 22C Firefly question

I'm not clear if this is a 2019 Crossfit THREAD or THE 2019 Crossfit FORUM. Sorry! I have 2 issues re: my 'new to me' 2019 Crossfit 22C. I'll split them into 2 separate posts.
RE: FIREFLY:
I'm having issues with tank levels showing accurately on Firefly (I know this is a known issue.) It APPEARS (though more testing to do) that it's mainly my GRAY tank, which always shows full. I'm troubleshooting with a 'not so expert' FireFly tech who wants to know if my unit has TruTank or See Level tanks. Does anyone know which is in the 2019? I saw Beyonds have TruTank, but See Level WAS before TruTank. I've talked to both Coachmen and Firefly today - and neither knows which tanks (Note: Coachmen upgraded their computer system in 2021 and, very inappropriate in my opinion, they didn't transfer the data from their 'Legacy' system and the reps can only access detailed info on units from 2021-on! That's nuts! So my Coachmen rep, who is very kind, is challenged by calls from folks like me as he cannot look up, for example, what model our A/C is, or the brand of our tanks and on and on. Very confusing how Coachmen could have rationalized doing that. Anyway, the nice, yet inexperienced Firefly tech I'm working with said she's going to 'confer' with her more experienced tech folks re: troubleshooting the levels issue once I learn what my tanks are. My Coachman rep did a lot of 'out of the box' research today and at least figured out my Firefly is Version 4, Revision 3. Now I just need to figure out what brand tanks I have TMI here! Sorry. Thanks for any potential help you can offer.
Old 06-27-2023, 01:42 AM   #116

Second 2019 Crossfit Question: the 22C has a Cable-In port outside. I want to use a portable Winegard Pathway dish I have to use Dish Outdoors. I'd like the cable to connect to an outside port rather than come through a window. I saw a thread somewhere one time (and can't find now) and wonder if anyone can help. What would need to occur to a) just change the existing cable port to satellite with adapters & such inside, and b) Is there a way to be able to have both the satellite AND cable work? Thanks!
Old 06-27-2023, 12:56 PM   #117
Platinum Member

Quote:
I'm having issues with tank levels showing accurately on Firefly (I know this is a known issue.) It APPEARS (though more testing to do) that it's mainly my GRAY tank, which always shows full. I'm troubleshooting with a 'not so expert' FireFly tech who wants to know if my unit has TruTank or See Level tanks. Does anyone know which is in the 2019?
AFAIK SeaLevel gauges normally have their own display panel. Not sure about TrueTank. If yours is a 2019 22C, it might have the old-fashioned tank sensors, in which case they'll be a headache to keep working. You might be able to tell by removing the vent under the fridge - the black tank sensors will be visible. If there are individual wires attached to sensors drilled into the sides of the tank. you might have the old style. You might also check the fresh tank. Its sensors are visible from the rear cargo doors, via the access panel.

Quote:
So my Coachmen rep, who is very kind, is challenged by calls from folks like me as he cannot look up, for example, what model our A/C is, or the brand of our tanks and on and on.
Mine came with a hand-written document listing model and serial numbers for all the appliances, plumbing and electrical equipment. Do you have any paperwork for the camper?
Old 06-27-2023, 02:08 PM   #118

Quote:
AFAIK SeaLevel gauges normally have their own display panel. Not sure about TrueTank. If yours is a 2019 22C, it might have the old-fashioned tank sensors, in which case they'll be a headache to keep working. You might be able to tell by removing the vent under the fridge - the black tank sensors will be visible. If there are individual wires attached to sensors drilled into the sides of the tank. you might have the old style. You might also check the fresh tank. Its sensors are visible from the rear cargo doors, via the access panel.
DNTA: VERY HELPFUL MICHAEL, THANK YOU!

Quote:
Mine came with a hand-written document listing model and serial numbers for all the appliances, plumbing and electrical equipment. Do you have any paperwork for the camper?
DNTA: Yes, mine came with the Appliance/Component Sheet, which has been very helpful with gathering manuals/info/etc. I like having my 'ducks in a row' in the event something happens. Yet, for example, even that document having the serial # of my Dometic A/C (not a model #) neither Coachmen nor Dometic could tell me my A/C model. I'm having someone take the shroud off up top Thursday to find it so I can have it Yet what prompted the A/C info gathering was I'm missing 2 vent doors on my interior A/C cover and wanted to find part #'s to order as there's too much constant blow on sofa/bed with the vent door gone.) I had to send photos to Dometic etc. to figure out the inside cover. They didn't send me a model # for the vent cover but did send me some kind of schematic that I will now use to try to order the parts. Re: Tank brands, there isn't anything on my sheet re: that so thanks for tips on figuring that out!

THANKS AGAIN!
Old 06-29-2023, 02:04 AM   #119

If anyone else is wondering the same thing about sensors on a 2019 Crossfit 22C, Michael realized mine might have the old fashioned sensors, and he was right. I found out today. I'm getting new ones and hope I can get my ONE level not showing on Firefly (gray tank) to work again, and will have a couple spares. Coachmen also finally found the A/C Model #, if anyone needs it: Dometic AC Model #640315CXX1JO. Thanks Michael, for your help. AND I STILL HOPE someone can help with Post #116, re: getting Satellite IN vs Cable IN. Thanks.

Tags
coachme, coachmen crossfit