Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2021, 10:05 PM   #1

Default 3rd Captain's Chair

Can anyone tell me if they have added a third captains chair to their Class B or even if there is enough space to add it. I'm searching for a 19ft van and cannot find one with a third captain chair. I just thought that if it was possible to find the van with enough space to have the chair added behind the passenger (bolt/weld down to frame).
Rvdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:40 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Many mass-market Class B’s have cabinets extending across part of the side cargo doors. Mine has the wet bath there. Others put the galley there. Unless it’s designed with that seating spot in mind, modifications will be required.

Small upfitters are often not equipped to deal with crashworthiness certification and associated liability.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 02:54 PM   #3
Platinum Member

there are a number of models with 3rd & even 4th seats, they may not be the swiveling, reclining "capt chairs' but they are seats

older roadtrek popular & versatile models come to mind, the old winnebago rialta

I'm not up on newer model offerings

I wouldn't consider "adding" a seat as the cost to do this properly would be outrageous- assuming the tanks would have to come off to get access to mounting points

* be aware that at a time ( 5 years ago +/-) roadtrek was falsifying safety certs for the passenger seating- so research any specific models

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 05:04 PM   #4

My 1997 190 has a seat behind the passenger. The 2 make into a bed. If that is what you are asking.
Sary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 02:16 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvdreamin View Post
Can anyone tell me if they have added a third captains chair to their Class B or even if there is enough space to add it. I'm searching for a 19ft van and cannot find one with a third captain chair. I just thought that if it was possible to find the van with enough space to have the chair added behind the passenger (bolt/weld down to frame).

Look at the Winnebago Solis 59P, it has 2 x 3point belted seating behind the driver.... if you need more than that they have a rear sofa version that you can seat-belt in 2-3 more in the rear..... nice options
rboegh is offline   Reply With Quote