Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-29-2020, 04:02 PM   #21
Platinum Member

My cabinet does not have a back to it. I think the newer cabinets have doors which mine doesn't. The cabinet is really sturdy. I'll see if I can attach some pictures, it's not pretty because I didn't finish it. I guess I have time now, maybe I'll finish it so it looks nice.
Lennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 04:26 PM   #22
Platinum Member

The square board in the middle is the part that was added plus the swivel mount. The DVD location was used for the voltage meter, USB and 12v socket. This cabinet was sturdier than I expected. I had to remove the bottom panel to access the interior to remove the monitor and the cabinet.

We used to turn TV up really loud to drown out the sound of the fan on the inverter. The TV I bought is 12v so I no longer run it through the inverter (which I replaced too) now it's much quieter and I was able to get rid of some of the wiring that went from the DVD to the monitor. I find I don't use the inverter or the swivel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg RV-TV.jpeg (73.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpeg RV-TV_open.jpeg (96.6 KB, 9 views)
Old 12-29-2020, 06:21 PM   #23
Platinum Member

BTW, I didn't remove my photos. Photobucket did and I will no longer have anything to do with Photobucket. Screw them.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 06:40 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Davydd, I saw your pictures a couple of years ago, I wonder if I have them saved but it would be a different computer that has issues starting up.
Old 12-29-2020, 07:28 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Photobucket. Screw them.
ditto-

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 09:57 PM   #26
Bronze Member

Hello mkguitar,

I hope you're doing well.

Hey I understand that you replaced your original 19" TV with a 21" and that you hooked up to the existing amplifier. I'm wanting to do the same. Can you please share with me which TV you purchased and attach pics of your TV and wire hookups.
Many thanks, Caryll
p.s.: I've attached a photo of my amplifier that is installed inside the TV cabinet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210708_142116_resized.jpg (161.2 KB, 11 views)
Santee2005PWTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 11:37 PM   #27
Platinum Member

This is a really old thread started by me way back before digital TVs were common. Just an update three Class Bs later. I ditched the TV altogether including the cabinet and swing arm. DVD is ancient now with streaming video. What I have now is a Winegard automatic TV antenna on the roof and a deck of cards size box on the wall to search for over the air channels and it has a cable connection for campgrounds that offer it. This couples with our WiFiRanger booster and also it distributes and boosts WiFi from external source so all your devices, iPads, iPhones and computers go to the same source of an internal WiFi address. That address also translates the over the air TV and cable connection signals so we get all that wirelessly through our iPads mostly, but iPhones as well with a free app HDHomeRun. Then we can hear it all through our AirPods so we can watch different TV shows anywhere or outside the van. We’ve come a long way in 13 years. I still don’t watch much TV while on the road.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote