Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2022, 10:12 PM   #21
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post

If you want a back bathroom you have to understand that it can't have a typical water flush toilet because it is behind to back axle. That is why you get a cassette toilet or composting toilet. I have a 40 gallon water tank and 25 gallon black tank and 26 gallon grey but they are forward of the axle where there is room to put those sizes so I had an upflow (macerating) toilet installed so pumped water up over the back axle. Those kind of toilets are popular with boats having toilets below deck.

Thanks for the info.

I thought the Travato has a back bathroom and a water flush toilet---not a cassette.
Vee and Zeekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 01:24 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee and Zeekie View Post
Thanks for the info.

I thought the Travato has a back bathroom and a water flush toilet---not a cassette.
They are vague on that in their literature. It would complicate dumping if it did I with kitchen forward of the axle and grey tank not connected to the black tank.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 04:31 AM   #23
Silver Member

Quote:
They are vague on that in their literature. It would complicate dumping if it did I with kitchen forward of the axle and grey tank not connected to the black tank.
Here's a YouTube video on the toilet in the Travato 59K:

Vee and Zeekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 01:36 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vee and Zeekie View Post
Thank you. I will look. I have seen Carado Axions pop up on RVTrader now and then. I wonder if buying one would essentially mean zero customer service if needed.
It is an orphan since the company is dead and gone, so obviously no customer service. Most of them came with the lithium batteries, so you would need to find a company that is familiar with it... ie current or ex-Roadtrek facilities. It depends where you live as to who will/can work on electrical issues. The rest of the rig can be worked on by any RV service facility. There are a few European parts on it that can be hard to locate, but joining the Facebook Carado group would help with that. It has a combo gray/black tank. It is a cute little rig and really fun to drive... in comparison to many others. lol

BTW... yes, the Travato has separate black and gray tanks. My GWV with the rear bath had standard black and gray tanks.

Also the side sofas normally have only two pieces... the back and the bottom. I just removed the back section totally and kept the bottom as a full time bed. No tetris skills required.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 11:33 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Advanced RV ... can give you whatever you want.
...as long as it's black.

Oops, sorry. I meant to say "...as long as it's a Sprinter".

ARV does very good work, and we would have considered them for our current build (as we did for our last one), but as long as they limit themselves to the Sprinter platform, they are a non-starter for us. The bloom is increasingly off the 3-pointed star -- I am pretty sure that they will be forced to abandon this affectation eventually.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 01:15 PM   #26
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
...as long as it's black.

Oops, sorry. I meant to say "...as long as it's a Sprinter".

ARV does very good work, and we would have considered them for our current build (as we did for our last one), but as long as they limit themselves to the Sprinter platform, they are a non-starter for us. The bloom is increasingly off the 3-pointed star -- I am pretty sure that they will be forced to abandon this affectation eventually.
avanti, seems like I'm recalling that ARV said that they would consider the transit for the b-box.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 02:55 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
avanti, seems like I'm recalling that ARV said that they would consider the transit for the b-box.
Right now the supply issues for the Transit from Ford is a serious problem for RV converters. For instance, Leisure Travel wait time for a Wonder is nearly twice as long as the Unity.

Once Ford gets the near two year back orders filled and can meet demand, ARV will likely be more interested in adding the Transit to the mix.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2022, 03:07 PM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Right now the supply issues for the Transit from Ford is a serious problem for RV converters. For instance, Leisure Travel wait time for a Wonder is nearly twice as long as the Unity.

Once Ford gets the near two year back orders filled and can meet demand, ARV will likely be more interested in adding the Transit to the mix.
Ironic, in that the talk of Transit B-boxes was apparently a tactic to get around the then-severe Sprinter lead times.

It would certainly be easier for them to switch platforms for a Class C, since they control the envelope, whereas they have a lot of design and CAD work invested in dealing with the Sprinter curves, all of which are different on a Transit.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote