Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2022, 05:07 AM   #1

Default Wind noise on Sequence 20A

Hi, I'm new to this, so please excuse my lack of 'forum etiquette'. I am still learning how to navigate this forum site.

We bought a Thor Sequence 20A in 2021 & quickly encountered a host of issues, almost all of which were resolved by the dealer. The only persistent 'issue' is the wind & road noise. It's loud while on the highway. Would anybody have any advise/suggestions on how to reduce, if not eliminate, the noise?
Army vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 02:07 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Wind noise.. it's likely coming from all the stuff on the roof. I have a skylight that produces some unwanted wind noise while on the road. Some kind of fairing, attached to the leading edge of the roof, might help. Will probably just have to live with it.

Road noise.. my van has noisy truck tires that produce a lot of truck tire "whine". Drives me nuts. I'm going to replace them with a new set of good Michelin highway tires. I doubt you want to rip up the floors and install noise insulation, but you can try having the van undercoated and see if that will help.

The class B vans are great, but they are actually made from vehicles that were not originally designed as pleasure vehicles. They are converted delivery trucks, and sometimes that shows through!
N147JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 02:28 AM   #3

thank you for the suggestions. I will try out those suggestions. Also, planned to switch out the tires. It was suggested B.F. Goodrich or Michelins will reduce, somewhat, road noise.
Old 10-13-2022, 04:04 PM   #4
Platinum Member

I have the Michelin Agilis Cross climates and am happy with them, they were "slappy" on expansion joints to first few hundreds miles. I have about about 25K on them now.

these may be an improvement if you have "aggressive" tread or "truck tires" on there now.

you should try to determine which noises you are dealing with- we started at "wind noise"

we have wind noise, tire noise and motor/drivetrain noise
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 05:55 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
I have the Michelin Agilis Cross climatese
These seem to be the go-to tire these days, if one wants a quality road tire. Are there any other quiet, long-life tires out there recommended for a class B van? As is typical, we're on pavement 95% of the time, a few gravel back-roads the rest.
N147JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 10:34 PM   #6

I agree. We will not do any boon docking, off road, etc (too old for that now). Our vehicle will on pavement 95% of time with occasional gravel roads, poorly maintained road, and/or dirt/grassy campsites.

I will install a cover for my skylight as I feel majority of wind noise originates from there. Will install rubber seals around all the doors