Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2020, 05:38 PM   #21

Default Onan generator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktopper View Post
I have been trying to get a Onan MicroLite 2800 running in my 1994 Dodge Pleasureway. Tonight was the final attempt.

I had replaced the carburetor. I ended up with the generator ON FIRE!

I could have been killed and was lucky the whole van didnít go up in flames.

I have no intention of going to the local RV shop. Donít have any confidence that I wonít get ripped off.

I need to know if there is a replacement generator that can be installed in the Onan shell? I am retired and have limited funds.
I just bought a 1996 Chevy 210Popular. Grateful you weren't hurt. I'm reluctant to pursue generator [cost, noise, fumes, location] and am starting to pursue other options for power. From my readings it seems solar isn't a magic bullet and Lithium batteries have problems. There must be a solution that works without breaking the bank Thankfully my RV technician was honest in assessment of probem and possible solutions. [The two previous RV centers were dishonest]

Gritty Eileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 05:43 PM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritty Eileen View Post
I just bought a 1996 Chevy 210Popular. Grateful you weren't hurt. I'm reluctant to pursue generator [cost, noise, fumes, location] and am starting to pursue other options for power. From my readings it seems solar isn't a magic bullet and Lithium batteries have problems. There must be a solution that works without breaking the bank Thankfully my RV technician was honest in assessment of probem and possible solutions. [The two previous RV centers were dishonest]

It all depends on what you need from your power. If you need to run air conditioning and are on a budget having a generator may be about the only option. If you just need power for a microwave run or other uses a bit more battery, some solar, and maybe a big alternator can cover it for many people.

booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:05 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gritty Eileen View Post

there is not -sorry
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 11:27 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocktopper View Post
I have been trying to get a Onan MicroLite 2800 running in my 1994 Dodge Pleasureway. Tonight was the final attempt.

I had replaced the carburetor. I ended up with the generator ON FIRE!

I could have been killed and was lucky the whole van didnít go up in flames.

I have no intention of going to the local RV shop. Donít have any confidence that I wonít get ripped off.

I need to know if there is a replacement generator that can be installed in the Onan shell? I am retired and have limited funds.
Things have changed. Maybe the new Onan will work for you.
https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...tor-10556.html

hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
not another onan, replacement generator