Old 08-05-2019, 01:50 PM   #41
Platinum Member

Just for the heck of it, I was curious how the 2019 Coachmen Crossfit 22C is plumbed, mostly because I want to have an idea how vulnerable it would be to freezing temperatures.

Based on measured temperatures taken early this spring, I suspect that the plumbing back behind the fridge/bathroom is the most vulnerable, and that the temperature of that plumbing will stay roughly half-way between outside air temp and inside heated air temp.

Here's a diagram of how the plumbing is routed in my coach, as best as I can determine:

The black lines denote wall cavities. Fresh tank and pump are under the couch.

All the plumbing is inside the coach, but much of it is not well insulated - instead it is in the wall cavities with variable amounts of insulation, some to the outside of the plumbing, some between the plumbing and the heated space.

All plumbing that crosses over from driver side to the passenger side galley is tucked in an enclosed partition under the front of the couch.

If I wanted to make the coach slightly more winter-tolerant, I would put disconnects on the bath side and leave those pipes dry in winter.

The 'D' model will be different, as may be coaches built earlier or later.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Annotation 2019-08-05 083843.jpg (290.7 KB, 206 views)

@Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #42
Platinum Member

Trying to do something useful with the space behind the drivers seat. On the Coachmen Crossfit/Beyond, Coachmen leaves about 12" space behind the drivers seat. This means that you can slide the drivers seat all the way back and still recline a bunch or else use the space for stuff.

To help keep the space from being a random pile of stuff - or more accurately- to help keep the random pile of stuff hidden, I built a small cabinet using riveted aluminium, 1/8" plywood covered with fuzzy grey speaker box fabric. It's strong enough to hold misc. stuff, but not strong enough to stand on. I'm using neoprene to cushion and pad against the coach walls and floor. I put lined plywood half-walls inside to stiffen the structure and to deaden noise if stuff bangs around in there.

The box is 12" wide x 14" tall x 20" deep. The height is so that water jugs and cleaning supplies fit inside, but low enough so the drivers seat still reclines somewhat.

To provide access to the random pile of stuff inside, I put a hinged doors on the top and front. The front door is held with a magnetic push-to-open latch.

I tried to make it blend in a bit, but probably could have done a better job fitting against the bathroom wall and perhaps shopped around for a slightly darker fabric.

I'm thinking that the space on top of the box will be used for a random pile of backpacks and duffel bags.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190823_103003057.jpg (142.6 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190823_103012484.jpg (182.5 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190823_102428437.jpg (171.6 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190823_110953931.jpg (198.5 KB, 160 views)

Old 08-28-2019, 10:28 PM   #43
Bronze Member

That space is just begging for a litter-box, and then maybe a cat.

Are you a cat person???
Anachr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 03:33 AM   #44
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachr0n View Post
That space is just begging for a litter-box, and then maybe a cat.

Are you a cat person???

Nope - no cats. I'm allergic to them.

I'll figure out how to use the space above the box for hanging backpacks and stuff like that.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:40 PM   #45
Silver Member

@Michael, nicely done. Our LTV Free Spirit has a similar space. We put our covered trashcan there (about the size of your storage box), and the folded outdoor mat. Above are hooks to hang hats, jackets, packs.
Old 09-20-2019, 05:51 PM   #46
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Michael View Post
An update to the Forest River TSB - 225-0970 - It's now SuperSpring replacement.

https://dealers.forestriverinc.com/d...BDocuments.pdf

Seems as though SuperSpring has a shorter version of the SSA43 springs. The longer version interferes with the factory spring mounts and contacts the chassis even when installed per instructions and prior TSB.

This makes sense, as even with the springs properly positioned, I still hear some contact between the SuperSprings and the factory spring mounts.

--Mike
FYI -

I reached out to Coachmen and offered that I didn't think that my dealer was up to the task and that I'd prefer working with a local truck spring shop. They referred me to SuperSpring directly.

SuperSpring agreed that the local RV dealer wasn't the best choice - having worked with them on another swap. They shipped me the springs and a pair of big heavy C-clamps to use in the installation process. They were fine with me taking the Transit to a local spring shop and reimbursing me for the labor.

The springs shop did the swap w/o issues. The new springs might be designed differently, as the van rides a bit different. Not sure how to describe it, but it's possibly an improvement.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:33 PM   #47

Did you find any sites or you tube videos that explain how the various systems function. I have had several rv's and large coaches but, the crossfit/beyond seems complicated and the documentation is quite limited.
MRM@REAGAN.COM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:12 PM   #48
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM@REAGAN.COM View Post
Did you find any sites or you tube videos that explain how the various systems function. I have had several rv's and large coaches but, the crossfit/beyond seems complicated and the documentation is quite limited.
I think all the systems that Coachmen uses are off-the-shelf, not Coachmen specific, and certainly not any more complex than those on large coaches. So I don't think you need to focus exclusively on Crossfit/Beyond videos.

Tags
coachme, coachmen crossfit